Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.


How can I make a referral?

We accept 'Requests for Involvement' from schools (usually the SENCO), from medical professionals and from other colleagues in the Council's SEN Support Services.

Continue reading

Please complete the SEN Support Services Request for Involvement Form and parent / carer consent form. The eligibility criteria for each service is listed on each of these forms. These can be downloaded from the SEND Forms and Guidance webpage. 

Download the 'Request for Involvement' and Parent/ Carer Consent forms

Once we have received the request for involvement and parental permission has been obtained, we will contact the school to arrange a visit to meet key staff and assess the needs of the student. We are usually able to visit the school within four weeks of receiving the referral. However, this can vary throughout the year. We share advice with key school staff, parents/carers and the student and produce a report outlining agreed actions and objectives.

We then offer ongoing support as appropriate to the student and the school. 

For further information and guidnance please see our Advice, Toolkits and Resources page.