Thank you for your interest in joining the Cornwall Youth Orchestra (CYO) or Cornwall Youth Wind Orchestra (CYWO). These orchestras are open to musicians aged 11-19 who live or attend school/college in Cornwall and who are playing at Grade 5 or above before applying. The Cornwall Music Education Hub (CMEH) substantially subsidises (approximately 50%) these ensembles in order to reduce the costs to parents.
- Non-refundable £100.00 annual membership fee (payable following successful audition and offer of a place) for CYO or CYWO
- £15.00 course fee will be charged for each day course in addition to the above. These courses may be delivered online during the COVID-19 pandemic if face to face rehearsals are not possible.
- Food, overnight accommodation at the Easter residential and other expenses will be charged separately and notification will be sent with course details in February
- Additional playing days/workshops/out of county activities will be charged separately with notification of the charges in individual invitation letters
Subsidised Membership Fees
CMEH offers a 50% subsidy on both the annual membership fee and course fee for those students who fall under one of the following criteria:
- Children eligible for Free School Meals (checks will be made against the Council’s central register)
- Children of personnel serving in the British Armed Forces (please provide proof when returning the membership form)
- Children in Care
To apply for a place with one of these orchestras please complete this online audition application form. Once your form has been received you will then be asked to send through a recording - AUDIO only - of your chosen audition piece. It is not necessary to have an accompanist. Please also scan and send a copy of the music along with your recording.
Your recording will be reviewed by the Director and Assistant Director of the orchestra; followed by an online audition. During the audition there will be a sight-reading and scales exercise and time for you to ask questions.
A commitment to the 2021 Easter course and concert is essential.
If your audition is successful, you will be invited to join the orchestra and will be asked to complete a membership and commitment form.
Cornwall Music Education Hub (CMEH), part of Together for Families Directorate, Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Truro, TR1 3AY Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This information is being collected by CMEH on behalf of Cornwall Council as Data Controller for the purpose of Choir Membership.
A copy of our Privacy Notice can be found at Cornwall Music Education Hub Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis by which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
Data provided will be shared with the Choir Leads to ensure the welfare of your child and also to alert you to possible changes in rehearsal schedule/venues as well as details of trips and performances. This information will be held in a secure environment for 7 years in accordance with the TFF data retention policy after which time it will be destroyed in a secure manner. For further information or assistance on Data Protection matters, please contact the Practice Development and Standards Service on 01872 327617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Councils Data Protection Officer email@example.com