Youth Orchestras Membership
Thank you for your interest in joining the Cornwall Youth Orchestra (CYO) or Cornwall Youth Wind Orchestra (CYWO). These orchestras are open to musicians aged 11-19 who live or attend school/college in Cornwall and who are playing at Grade 5 or above before applying. The Cornwall Music Education Hub (CMEH) substantially subsidises (approximately 50%) these ensembles in order to reduce the costs to parents.
- Non-refundable £100.00 annual membership fee (payable following successful audition and offer of a place) for CYO or CYWO
- £15.00 course fee will be charged for each day course in addition to the above. These courses may be delivered online during the COVID-19 pandemic if face to face rehearsals are not possible.
- Food, overnight accommodation at the Easter residential and other expenses will be charged separately and notification will be sent with course details in February
- Additional playing days/workshops/out of county activities will be charged separately with notification of the charges in individual invitation letters
Subsidised membership fees
CMEH offers a 50% subsidy on both the annual membership fee and course fee for those students who fall under one of the following criteria:
- Children eligible for Free School Meals (checks will be made against the Council’s central register)
- Children of personnel serving in the British Armed Forces (please provide proof when returning the membership form)
- Children in Care
The information on this form is being collected by CMEH on behalf of Cornwall Council as Data Controller for the purpose of Orchestra Membership.
Data provided will be shared with the Orchestra Leads to ensure the welfare of your child. It will also be used to alert you to possible changes in rehearsal schedule/venues. As well as details of trips and performances. We will also capture and share statistics about membership. We must provide this to the Department for Education and Arts Council England as a condition of our Hub funding. This information will be held in a secure environment for 7 years in accordance with the TFF data retention policy. After which time it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
View the full privacy statement.