2015 UK Parliamentary Election
The results for all constituencies have been announced and you can view the results by choosing an area below, or view the full results here.
Results, statement of persons nominated, notice of election agents and situation of polling stations for each constituency in Cornwall can be viewed by choosing an area using the map or links below.
- Camborne and Redruth constituency
- North Cornwall constituency
- South East Cornwall constituency
- St Austell and Newquay constituency
- St Ives constituency
- Truro and Falmouth constituency
Information for voters
Easy read guidance for voters is available. The Electoral Commission and Mencap have produced a leaflet "What you need to do if you want to vote on 7 May". More information is also available from Mencap.
Please be aware that if you wish to vote at the election, you must be registered under the new Individual Electoral Registration system.
If you are not registered, you may not be able to vote or may lose your right to vote by post if you had a postal vote previously. For more information, please see our Individual Electoral Registration page.
There are a number of different ways you can vote.
- Deadline for receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes was 5pm on 21 April
- Deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy was 5pm on 28 April
Cornwall has six constituencies, which each elect one Member of Parliament (MP).
The last UK Parliamentary Election was held in May 2010. For results of the 2010 election, please go to UK Parliamentary election results.
For more information, please refer to the FAQs produced by The Electoral Commission.
Guidance for candidates and agents
If you are a candidate or agent, please refer to the following guidance produced by The Electoral Commission:
- Guidance and resources for candidates and agents,
- Code of conduct for campaigners,
- Good practice for holding hustings.
Please also refer to the following document produced by Cornwall Council:
The election timetable began with the dissolution of Parliament on 30 March with polling day on 7 May.
The Acting Returning Officer for the six constituencies in Cornwall will be Andrew Kerr, the Chief Executive of Cornwall Council. Electoral Services will manage the election on his behalf.