Indices of Multiple Deprivation
'Deprived areas' are determined by the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 (IMD 2010), which provides a relative ranking of areas across England according to their level of deprivation. The areas are a geography called Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs), which have an average population of 1500 people.
For information on deprivation in Cornwall:
- Briefing note: Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010.
- Bitesize guide to Understanding the Index of Multiple Deprivation.
- Cartogram map of the IMD 2010 data (a cartogram is a type of map used for displaying statistics).
- Printable traditional map of the IMD 2010 data.
- Download the IMD Data or download the definitions from the Communities and Local government website.
- Download the Full Technical report (the metholodogy and indicators that make up the IMD).
- Population by deprivation and IMD domain chart, showing the population in Cornwall by domain and deprivation.
- Chart showing the range of deprivation ranks for areas in Cornwall by IMD domain.
- The interactive map below allows you to explore this data for Cornwall.