Money off council tax for single adults

If you live on your own, or if all the people in your household are under 18, you get 25% off your council tax bill. This applies to your main home only.

It's called a 'single person's discount'.

Continue reading

Online council tax and benefits forms issue
We are currently experiencing an issue with these forms. To avoid the issue please choose 'Continue without registering' from the bottom of the form page, and you will be able to submit your request.

Apply for a single person's discount

If you only have one address, this address is your main home for council tax.

If you spend time at more than one address, we have to decide which address is your main home.

To work out if you're entitled to a discount, we need to look into your circumstances at each address, including where you and your family live most of the time.

You cannot usually get a single person discount on more than one home.

If you are no longer the only person aged 18 or over living at the property, you must cancel your single person discount