Schools and Colleges
What do you need help with?
Please see our term dates information for community and voluntary-controlled schools. These dates are also recommended for all other schools (academy, foundation trust and voluntary-aided schools). Please contact the individual academy, foundation trust or voluntary-aided school to find out about any variations to the dates below and their distribution of INSET days.Please see our term dates page
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits.
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an annual income of less than £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
Cornwall Council’s ‘Special Educational Needs File’ is designed to support Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) and other professionals in meeting the needs of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN). It is also a source of information for parents / carers and young people.Please view our Special Education information and support pages
If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our benefits information or try searching our frequently asked questions.