Report an out of hours emergency
On this page you can find emergency out of hours contact numbers.
For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.
For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.
Anti-terrorist hotline - phone the Police on 0800 789 321
Social care emergencies (request help for an adult or a child) - 0300 1231 116
Council Housing emergency repairs - phone 0300 1234 161 if there is:
- A serious threat to your health and safety, such as a gas leak or dangerous electrical fault
- Major damage to the structure of the building
- A serious property related security problem not including lost keys
- Total prolonged loss of essential service, such as gas, water or electricity that results in a serious impact to immediate health or safety of house occupants
- You are homeless tonight due to not having suitable accommodation available for your occupation
Highways emergency (report urgent or hazardous issues) - 0300 1234 222
- Report flooding or drainage issues on public roads by phoning 0300 1234 222
- Environment Agency Floodline 24 hour advice - 0345 988 1188
Antisocial behaviour including noise, waste or other nuisance issues - 0300 1234 212
Fire and Community Safety 0300 1234 232
- Anti-social behaviour
- Community safety
- Crime and anti-social behaviour
- Domestic violence
- Emergency planning
- Fire safety (including petroleum and explosives licences)
- Firework displays