We all need a little extra support at some point in our lives, we offer helping hand services to make things a bit easier.
This page explains what might be helpful, but please bear in mind that everybody’s situation is different, so what’s available will vary from person to person.
All of our services are either free or provided at cost price, giving you value for money.
I am visually impaired or deaf
We can provide bills and literature in braille, large print, audio or easyread. Find out more about alternative formats.
Everything seems to be online these days I find it really daunting
I’m finding it harder to cope at home
- Our Lifeline personal alarms can help to keep you safe at home.
- Adapting your home might make life easier - you may qualify for free support to sort out what you need.
- If you are a carer, Kernow Carers Service can help.
- Trading Standards volunteers can provide scam support visits and help you block unwanted calls.
- Our Buy with Confidence scheme can recommend local businesses.
- A free home fire safety check can give you peace of mind.
- Our assisted waste collection means you don’t have to carry your rubbish and recycling to the kerb (and we collect clinical waste too).
- Our Handyperson Service can help you with repairs without a big bill.
I am worried about money
- It’s worth checking with us if you are eligible for any benefits,
or a discount on your Council Tax
- You might be able to get school meals for free,
or help with child care costs
- Our Family Information Service supports families and children
with many things including childcare, parenting, health
and much more
- We support victims of loan sharks