Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

Demolitions - control and advice

If you intend to demolish a building or part of a building, which is greater than 1750 cubic feet, then you must serve a Demolition Notice upon the Council six weeks before commencement.  Links to the demolition notification form are shown below,  a fee is not payable.  Please return the form to your Local Building Control office or email it to the address shown on this page.

Continue reading

You must also inform the Statutory Undertakers and adjoining neighbours who may be affected.

Depending on what you are demolishing we would ask you to do some or all of the following:

a) to shore up any building adjacent to the building to which the notice relates

b) to weatherproof any surfaces of an adjacent building that are exposed by the demolition

c) to repair and make good any damage to an adjacent building caused by the demolition or by the negligent act or omission of any person engaged in it

d) to remove material or rubbish resulting from the demolition and clearance of the site

e) to disconnect and seal at such points as the Local Authority may reasonably require, any sewer or drain in or under the building

f) to remove any such sewer or drain, and seal any sewer or drain with which the sewer or drain to be removed is connected

g) to make good to the satisfaction of the Local Authority the surface of the ground disturbed by anything done under paragraph (e) or (f) above

h) to make arrangements with the relevant statutory undertakers for the disconnection of the supply of gas, electricity and water to the building

i) to make such arrangements with regard to the burning of structures or materials on the site as may be reasonably required:

  • if the building is or forms part of special premises, by the Health and Safety Executive and the Fire Authority, and
  • in any other case by the Fire authority, and

j) to undertake such steps relating to the conditions subject to which the demolition is to be undertaken, and the condition in which the site is to be left on completion of the demolition, as the Local Authority may consider reasonably necessary for the protection of the public and the preservation of public amenity.

If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well. More information is available on the HSE website.

British Telecom

National Handling Centre PP 3WW18
Telecom House
Trinity Street
Stoke on Trent


Western Power Distribution

Trevenson Lane
TR15 3RF


Transco Wales and West Utilities

Wales and West House
Spooner Close
Celtic Springs
Coed Kernew
NP10 8FZ


South West Water Asset Planning

Peninsular House
Rydon Lane