Births, Deaths and Notices of Marriage/Civil Partnership
At the current time the new national restrictions which came into force on 5 January 2021, will not affect the statutory requirements for:
- registering a birth
- registering a death or
- an intention to marry / form a civil partnership (Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership)
This will mean that our Registration Offices will remain open for face to face appointments to:
- register a birth
- give a notice of marriage / civil partnership
The registration of a death will continue to be conducted via a phone appointment as the current arrangements.
- Please wear a face covering when attending an appointment (unless exempted)
- Please do not visit the registration office or leave home if you or someone you live with displays any symptoms of Covid-19
- If your travel is restricted or you are required to self-isolate/quarantine, please contact us to re-arrange your appointment. Find out more about national lockdown restrictions
Register a death
You are able to register a death over the telephone. Please visit our Registering a death page for further details.
Register a birth
We are able to offer birth appointments at some of our offices. Please visit our Births page for further details.
Book a notice of marriage/civil partnership
We are able to offer notice of marriage/civil partnership appointments at some of our offices. Please visit our Giving Notice page for further details.
Wedding and Civil Partnership Ceremonies
The latest news on how the current government guidance may effect your ceremony is available on our Latest News pages.