Births, Deaths and Notices of Marriage/Civil Partnership
At the current time the new national restrictions which came into force on 5 January 2021, will not affect the statutory requirements for:
- registering a birth
- registering a death or
- an intention to marry / form a civil partnership (Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership)
This will mean that our Registration Offices will remain open for face to face appointments to:
- register a birth
- give a notice of marriage / civil partnership
The registration of a death will continue to be conducted via a phone appointment as the current arrangements.
- Please wear a face covering when attending an appointment (unless exempted)
- Please do not visit the registration office or leave home if you or someone you live with displays any symptoms of Covid-19
- If your travel is restricted or you are required to self-isolate/quarantine, please contact us to re-arrange your appointment. Find out more about national lockdown restrictions
Register a death
You are able to register a death over the telephone. Please visit our Registering a death page for further details.
Register a birth
We are able to offer birth appointments at some of our offices. Please visit our Births page for further details.
Book a notice of marriage/civil partnership
We are able to offer notice of marriage/civil partnership appointments at some of our offices. Please visit our Giving Notice page for further details.
Wedding and Civil Partnership Ceremonies
The national restrictions which came into force on 5 January 2021, will unfortunately have an effect on all ceremonies due to take place in the lockdown period.
Please visit our Weddings in Cornwall pages for further details.