You are eligible if
- have tested positive for coronavirus
- have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- been told to stay at home and self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020.
You will need the 8 character reference allocated to you by the NHS Test and Trace Service to apply for the support payment.
From 10 December users of the NHS COVID-19 app will also be able to get an 8 character Test and Trace reference if they have been notified that they need to self isolate. More information about this is available on our Test and Trace Support scheme frequently asked questions page
You must be:
- or self-employed
and be unable to work from home and losing income as a result
And you will need to:
- be working 16 hours or more each week, and
- have gross earnings from employed or self-employed work of no more than £372 per week; and
- not have more than £6,000 in capital or savings; and
- not be a student in further or higher education; and
- face financial hardship as a result of not working whilst self-isolating
In addition you must:
- have applied for but not yet be receiving one of these benefits
- Universal Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- or Housing Benefit
- or; waiting to hear the outcome of an appeal about a benefit listed above
- If you are a migrant or have recently arrived in the UK and are not entitled to one of the benefits listed above
- and face financial hardship as a result of not working whilst self-isolating
If you are confident you are eligible and have your 8 digit Test and Trace reference number please complete the application form.
If you need more information about the scheme please see our Test and Trace support scheme questions page for further information.