Request an appointment to register a birth
Following the lifting of Government restrictions, we have a backlog of birth registrations. We are making good progress and we are currently taking birth registration appointments for babies born within Cornwall.
Please use the form below to request a birth appointment (in person) at one of the following offices:
- St Austell
- Bodmin (from 1 September)
- Newquay (from 7 September)
- Bude (from 14 September)
- Penzance (from 14 September)
Falmouth, Launceston and Saltash remain closed.
Once you have completed the form you will be sent an acknowledgement and given information on what will happen next.
- Please note that customers are requested to wear a face covering when attending an appointment (unless exempted).
- Birth declaration appointments for babies born outside of Cornwall. These will be made available once the backlog has been completed. Alternatively, you should contact the registration service that covers the area where your baby was born. You may register the birth directly with them.
- Currently there are arrangements in place so that you can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit before registering the birth of your baby.
The information you provide on this form will be used by Cornwall Council’s Registration Service to make a birth registration or declaration appointment. It will not be shared with any other organisations. Your information will be held securely on our password protected network. It will then be destroyed in a secure manner in accordance with Cornwall Council’s Record Retention Guidelines. We will not share your data with any other third party or use it for marketing or any purpose other than those stated. For further information, please check our Data Protection policy statement.