Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

Appeal a Housing Benefit decision

Cornwall Council make decisions about Housing Benefit (help with rent).  The rules we use are set by the government.

If you are on Universal Credit you need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions, if you are unhappy about that decision.  Your Universal Credit decision letter tells you how to do this, or you can look at the Universal Credit information on the website.

Continue reading

Our decisions include things like:

  • whether you can get any benefit and/or support
  • how much you can get
  • how we pay it
  • what happens if we pay too much

We tell you our decision in a letter.