Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

Forms for housing benefit and council tax support

You can make a new claim for housing benefit or council tax support online.

You can report any change to an existing housing benefit or council tax support claim.

Continue reading

On this page you will find all of the housing benefit and council tax support forms as a printable PDF.

When downloading and printing a form you may want to set your printer to grayscale to cut down on the amount of ink needed.

Due to essential maintenance self-serve will be unavailable from 2pm on Friday 4 December until 10am on Monday 7 December. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You can post your form to us at Revenues and Benefits, PO Box 676, Truro TR1 9EQ.

If you are providing supporting evidence, please only send us photocopies of your documents. If you send an original document we will not be able to return this to you unless you ask us to return the document and enclose a stamped addressed envelope.

Cornwall Council, as the Data Controller, is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal data you provide or we collect about you will be stored securely and only used for housing benefit/council tax support assessments, in accordance with our privacy policy.  We will not use your information for any other purpose or give it to anyone else unless we are required to do so by law.  For example, we have a duty to protect public funds so we may need to use the information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud which would require us to share it with other Council statutory services or organisations responsible for auditing or administering public funds. 

For more information please view our data protection policy.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim form
Use this form to apply for housing benefit and council tax support.
Certificate of earnings form
Use this form if you don’t have wage slips.
Self employed form
Use this form to show your income if you’re self employed.
Childcare costs form
Use this form if you pay for childcare.
Discretionary housing payment and exceptional relief award claim form

Use this form if you want to apply for a discretionary housing payment to help towards your rent or an exceptional relief award to help towards your council tax. You must already receive housing benefit or council tax support to apply.

Change in circumstances form

Use this form to tell us about changes to your income, capital, members of your household, rent, private tenancy or moving to a new home.

Financial statement form

Use this form if we are recovering an overpayment from your housing benefit and it’s causing you hardship.

Application for direct payment of housing benefit to your landlord
Use this form if you need housing benefit payments direct to your landlord.
Direct payment of housing benefit into a bank account - BACS form
Use this form to change from payment by cheque to BACS.
Rent proof form
Use this form to prove how much your rent is.