Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Highway maintenance

The Environment directorate, through its contractor CORMAC Solutions Ltd, delivers the day to day management and maintenance of the highway network.  The Council provides most of the highway maintenance budget; although Central Government provides support for the structural maintenance of 'principal' roads through the Local Transport Plan bidding process. In order to provide a service that is responsive to local needs, there are two regional areas based in our group centre offices.  At the beginning of each financial year, the Council allocates its overall highway maintenance budget across these areas.  This allocation is made following evaluation of the highway maintenance requirements within each area. The group centre office is the first point of contact regarding highway maintenance issues.  Within each office, there is a general manager responsible for the work undertaken in that area.  The major tasks which form part of this service are highway inspections, surface dressing, resurfacing, patching, general purpose maintenance, maintaining road records and network management.  The latter refers to the job of planning and co-ordination of roadworks and all other works on the highway.  Other key tasks are temporary road closures, pavements, drainage, verge cutting, repairing potholes, winter gritting and snow clearance.

Report a highway problem


You may report a highway problem - or alternatively contact us about any highway maintenance issues by:

Telephone 0300 1234 222 Email roadstransportandparking@cornwall.gov.uk 

or write to the regional engineer at your nearest group centre office.

  • Western Group Centre, Radnor Road, Scorrier, Redruth, TR16 5EH
  • Central Group Centre,Castle Canyke Road, Bodmin, PL31 1DZ