Take part in our survey about rubbish and recycling collections
Take part in Biffa's survey, which closes on 31 October 2017, to tell them what you think about:
- your rubbish and recycling collections
- street and beach cleaning services
Please use the link below:
The survey is being carried out by Biffa. This is the company responsible for the delivery of the Waste and Recycling, Street and Beach Cleansing Contract on behalf of Cornwall Council.
What day is my recycling collected?
When should I put my recycling out?
Recycling is collected fortnightly and collections begin at 7am. Please make sure your recycling is out by this time. Put it at the boundary of your property, as close to the public highway as possible.
See our reduce, reuse, recycle page for more ways to recycle and cut down on your waste.
How do I report a missed recycling collection?
You can report a missed collection online.
Which container should I use?
Some properties in Cornwall can recycle plastic pots, tubs and trays. Soon all properties in Cornwall will be able to do so, please visit the page for more information.
- Glass bottles and jars – No broken glass, please. If you have broken glass, put it in a rigid plastic box like an ice cream container, mark it clearly as 'broken glass' and put it out with your household rubbish.
- Textiles – Clean dry clothing, shoes, towels and sheets (no duvets or pillows). Put them in a plastic bag to keep them dry and put the bag on top of your recycling box.
Sack for paper
- BT and Thompson phone directories
- Yellow Pages
- junk mail
- white office paper
- white envelopes (including window envelopes).
- Shredded paper - Put it in a plastic bag and tie it shut.
Sack for cans and plastic bottles
We are currently expanding our collection service to include plastic pots, tubs and trays. This will take place throughout 2017. We will write to each property directly to inform you when we can begin the extended collections.
- Plastic bottles - Plastic bottles only until you are informed that you can begin the new pots tubs and trays collection.
- Household metal packaging - Drinks cans, food tins, aerosols, clean aluminium foil, metal bottle and jar lids.
Sack for cardboard
- Cardboard - Brown, white and grey cardboard, brown paper, coloured paper, wrapping paper (not shiny) and greetings cards. Please remove all staples, sticky tape and plastic bags.
Please do not include drinks cartons as we cannot collect them for recycling.
if you have extra cardboard, please flat pack it, tie it up with string and put it out beside your recycling.
What if I have extra recycling or don't have any recycling containers?
If you regularly have too much recycling for your box and sacks, or you don't have any containers, you can order extra equipment.
Or you can get more containers from some of our one stop shops.
If you are expecting a much larger amount of recycling than usual due to a party or a large delivery, contact us and we will make sure it’s collected.