Made in Cornwall Scheme
Cornwall is renowned for being a special place, rich in heritage and outstanding natural beauty. It is home to a vibrant business community producing an extensive range of artistic and hand crafted items, speciality food and drink, through to highly specialist technical products, and has built a reputation for quality and excellence. The Made in Cornwall scheme showcases the best of Cornish-made products.
Join the Made in Cornwall Scheme
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Made in Cornwall Scheme you will find details of how to do so, the fees and an application form, on our Join the Made in Cornwall Scheme webpage. Please take note of the Made in Cornwall Scheme Terms and Conditions which are applicable to all members and also the Made in Cornwall Scheme Specification referred to in the Terms and Conditions.
Before products are allowed to carry the Made in Cornwall logo they need to be assessed by Trading Standards to ensure that they are indeed being made in Cornwall and that the finished products comply with the relevant UK and EU regulations. Therefore any business wishing to become a member of the Scheme will firstly receive a visit from our Trading Standards Team.
New Made in Cornwall members
The following businesses have recently joined the Made in Cornwall Scheme.
- Hudson Handmade, Sally Hudson, St Ives - Cornish Themed handmade gifts
- Mrs P Handicrafter, Heather Patterson, The Lizard - Fabric and Card Designs
- Penny's Pickles, Penny Rice Payton, Newquay - Pickles/Piccalilli
- Poodlelouis, Judith Peters, Devoran, Truro - Handcrafted Jewellery
- Silverscents, Kim Gollard, Calstock - Jewellery
- Sylvia Panszczyk, Falmouth - Shell and garland displays
- Tasty Pastry Gluten Free, Pam Withe, Roche - Cornish Pasties and Pies
- The Naked Sheep, Mrs Alice Hinton, Hayle - Knitted Garments
- Wavehunters/Dick Pearce and Friends, Andy Cameron, Port Isaac - Handmade Belly Boards
Finding Made in Cornwall products
Made in Cornwall products can be found at all the top events in the Cornish calendar as well as exclusive Made in Cornwall fairs. Just look for the logo on products at the following events:
- Lostwithiel Local Produce Market - alternate Fridays at Lostwithiel Community Centre 10am until 1.30pm - next dates will be: 15th and 29th April 2016.
- Twice monthly market at Sainsbury's Truro in the upstairs area, on Thursday 14th & 28th April
- Made in Cornwall Christmas Fair in Truro 2016 - 30th November to 4th December
Members of the Made in Cornwall Scheme have also developed their own ecommerce website where you can purchase their products. The website was launched in July and can be found at www.madeincornwall.com
Please note, the website has been developed entirely by members of the Made in Cornwall Scheme and Cornwall Council has no responsibility for its content or functionality.
You will also find Made in Cornwall products at:
- Truro Tourist Information Centre office
- Launceston Tourist Information Centre office
- Heartlands Visitor Centre and shop
- Museum of Witchcraft shop at Boscastle tel: 01840 250111
- Make Industries Shop, 45 Market Jew Street, Penzance, tel: 01736 330532
If you're looking for something specific you can search our Cornish Lines membership directory.
You can also now follow us on twitter