St Ives Library and One Stop Shop
Information about St Ives Library and One Stop Shop
Current opening hours
|Monday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 1:00pm|
In the case of an emergency outside of the above opening hours please phone Kestrel: 01209 313125.
- Library facilities and information
- St Ives Library regular events and activities
- Special library events
- Art Collection
- St Ives Archive
- St Ives One Stop Shop facilities and information
- No parking nearby
- Wheelchair accessible with a lift to the first floor
- Accessible toilets on each floor
- 16 computers with fast broadband Internet connections (please see library fees and charges, booking and acceptable use policy). Free Internet access for children.
- WiFi - free to library members and visitors who take out temporary membership
(WiFi terms and conditions of use policy).
- Printing in black and white or colour (library fees and charges).
- Colour photocopier (library fees and charges).
- Scanner (printing charges apply, see library fees and charges).
- Meetings rooms for hire.
- Baby changing facilities.
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers.
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be processed during normal opening hours during the week and Saturdays by appointment only.
- This is a self-service library. Staff are available to help you with your reading choices or if you wish to make an enquiry.
- All Cornwall libraries can provide information on living, working or studying in another European Union country
Stock at St Ives reflects the modern schools of art featured at the nearby Tate of the West. It includes works on photography, fashion and design, and extensive information on the St Ives artists.
Penzance Library has a comprehensive collection of Art books and exhibition catalogues. The collection has an equal emphasis on Cornish and World Art and includes many rare and limited edition items. The Library subscribes to a number of Art and Craft magazines.
The Arts Officer is responsible for looking after and developing the specialist Art book collections at Penzance Library and St Ives Library. Beyond answering the more complex enquiries, it is Arts Officer duty to develop a programme of events connected with the visual arts in Cornish Libraries.
Work of Art of the Month - we aim to bring you images of works of art which reflect the resources of Cornwall Libraries Art Collection
St Ives Archive
We work closely with the St. Ives Archive which holds information on every aspect of the town in newspaper articles, maps, legal documents, correspondence, catalogues and books. More information can be found at St Ives Archive.
Stained glass postcard photographed by Tobi Carver, £1.00
Brian Pearce Quilt postcard £1.00
The original quilt is displayed in the library, designed and made by the Cobblestone Quilters
Regular events and activities
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme
Free, for babies and toddlers every Wednesday from 10:45am - 11:15am. Come and sing along with your children/grandchildren. All welcome. Find out what Bookstart and the library can offer you and your baby.
- Beginners Computer Lessons
- We run Beginners Computer Courses in selected Libraries, we can also help you get online download our leaflet or just ask in your local library or One Stop Shop or call free on 0800 032 2345.
- Citizens' Advice Bureau
A volunteer from CAB will be available to offer advice from 10:00am - 3:00pm every first and third Wednesdays of the month. No appointment is necessary as this is a drop-in session.
- Chatterbooks Book Group for children
on the second Wednesday of each month at 3:45pm - 4:30pm
- Cornwall Carers Service - Drop-in session
Cornwall Carers Service here in the library on 23rd June, 21st July then last Monday of every Month to answer questions and offer information about help and support available to carers.
- Family and local history group
Help and guidance available to support your search for your ancestors with free Internet access to Ancestry.com. Very informal, everyone welcome. The group meets every Friday between 10:30am - 12 noon.
- Friends' groups
FOSIL (Friends of St Ives Library) organises regular library events and activities, annual subscription £5.00
- Homework help sessions
Library staff are always available to help students with their homework
Poetry Forum third Friday of each month 13:30pm to 14:30pm.
Poetry Circle meets every first Friday of each month 13:30pm - 15:30pm. All welcome to attend. Bring a favourite poem to read or just come and listen.
- Readers' groups
- Coffee and Crime
Meets 2nd Monday of the month 11:15am-12:15pm (staff led) meets in GWCR.
- Dead Choughed
Meets every 3rd Monday of the month 11:15am-12:15pm, meets in GWCR.
- U3A Book Group
Meets second and fourth Wednesdays of every month 13:30-15:30pm.
- Fast Book Group
Meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month in members’ homes during the evening.
- Towednack Book Group
Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month in members’ own homes.
- U3A readers' circle We meet every fourth Monday 11:15am - 12:15pm. We are a lively group currently numbering 12 but happy to welcome more members. We have diverse tastes and each member gets a chance to suggest our next read , please contact the library for further details and dates.
- We have various reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall.
- Storytime Thursdays 9:45am-10:20am, storytime sessions open to all ages (during school holidays)
- Tai Chi - Every Wednesday 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Yoga classes
Iyengar yoga 'drop-in' classes every Monday mornings 9:30am - 11:00am and every Wednesday 9:30am - 11:00am. All welcome. Please bring a mat and blanket. Adults £7.00. For more information, please telephone Ann Nicol on 01736 796248.
- Do you enjoy reading? Are you unable to get to the local library? Contact St. Ives Library on: 0300 1234 111 and ask about our housebound delivery service.
Special events and activities
St Ives Library Proper Job offers support to job seekers, FREE computer access and information on library resources for online job related activities, as well as quick IT help for job seekers to apply for jobs online and support those looking for work.
Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
St Ives One Stop Shop facilities and information
Council payments taken:
During normal working hours
Waste Management Containment
Seagull Proof Sacks now available at a cost of £3.50. Each sack will hold 3 refuse sacks