St Austell Library
Information about St Austell Library
Upcoming Bank Holiday 2015 - We will be closed on the following date:
- Monday 31 August - Summer bank holiday
- On-road parking bay at the front of the library and two disabled spaces in the staff car park at the side of the library. There is also a Pay and Display car park at Polkyth, a couple of hundred yards away.
- Disabled access is at the front of the building
- Accessible toilet
- 10 Computers with internet access
- Browse our Music and Performing Arts collection for music, theatre, dance, film and drama
- Fax machine available for public use.
- Free WiFi available
- National and local newspapers
- Microfilm/microfiche reader/printer
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Wide range of compact discs including the new Top Chart collections : Rock 1 / Rock 2 / Jazz 1 / Jazz 2 / Soul R&B 1 / Soul R&B 2 / Country/Folk 1 / Country/Folk 2
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be processed Monday to Friday during normal opening hours. Saturdays by appointment only.
- Europe Direct information on living, working or studying in other European Union countries
- Ordnance Survey site plans - this service is available by appointment only.
- Recycling bags and boxes - This library does not hold stocks but we can order on your behalf or you can order direct using our request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
Events and activities
- Computer classes for beginners
- Community coffee mornings - Quarterly coffee mornings with advice sessions from various community organisations. Contact the library for dates and details
- Proper Job help for job seekers
- Readers’ groups - Most groups are full but contact the library if you would like to be put on a waiting list for the library-based groups until a place comes up. We can also help people to set up a new group in the community. We have other readers' groups that can be found throughout Cornwall.
- Friday Group - meet in members' homes
- Ghost Group - meet in members' homes, dates vary
- Gorran Group - meet on the first Tuesday of the month in members’ homes
- Mevagissey Group - meet on the last Monday of the month (+ week if bank holiday) in members’ homes
- Mevagissey WI Group - meet on first Tuesday of the month in members’ homes
- Probus Group - meet on first Wednesday in the month
Roseland Readers Group - meet monthly in members' homes on Thursday evenings
- Roseland U3A Group - meet on third Wednesday of the month in the afternoon in members’ homes
- Saturday Group - meet in the library on the first Saturday of the month, from 10am-11am
- Thursday Group - meet on third Thursday of the month, 2pm-3pm in the library
- Tuesday Group - meet on first Tuesday of the month, 2pm-3pm in the library
- Wednesday Groups - two groups; one meets on the first Wednesday in the month, 5:30pm-6:30pm, and the other on the last Wednesday in the month, 2:30pm-3:30pm in the library.
Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
- Bookstart Rhymetime and Baby Bounce for children aged 0-3 years. Mondays 2pm-2.30pm (term time only) and Wednesdays 9.30am-10am
- Storytime for children 3-7 years. Includes a craft activity. Tuesdays 4pm-4.30pm (term time only).