St Agnes Library
Information about St Agnes Library
Upcoming Bank Holidays 2015 - We will be closed on the following dates:
- Friday 3 April - Good Friday
- Monday 6 April - Easter Monday
- Monday 4 May - Early May bank holiday
- Monday 25 May - Spring bank holiday
- We are based in a free car park and have two disabled parking spaces outside the front entrance to the library.
- Automatic door via the front entrance.
- Two computers with fast broadband Internet connections. Free Internet access for children.
- Printing, colour photocopyer and scanner
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers
- Display space available for artwork, pottery, crafts etc. Please contact us for further details.
- Magazine swap shop - finished with your magazine? Bring it in and swap it for another - free
- Bolster – Collect your copy of the free Parish paper, full of news, information and local events
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be made during our opening hours. Please be aware that there may be a queue during lunch breaks noon-1.30pm.
- Europe Direct - information on living, working or studying in other European Union countries
- Proper Job offers support to job seekers, FREE computer access and information on library resources for online job related activities, as well as quick IT help for job seekers to apply for jobs online and support those looking for work.
- Recycling bags and boxes - This library does not hold stocks but we can order on your behalf or you can order direct using our request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
Events and activities
- Computer Courses for beginners
- St Agnes Library Poetry Circle meets the first Wednesday of every month from 5.15pm-6.30pm. Poetry discussion group. Share your favourite poems with the group or maybe even your own work? All welcome.
- Readers' groups - If you would like to set up a new readers group in the area please contact us at the Library for details of how we can help and support you.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
Children's events and activities
- Chatterbooks, reading club for 8-11 year olds. Takes place on the second Wednesday of the month from 3.30pm-4.30pm. Come along and discuss the books and characters you love, or even those you hate! Fruit juice and snack provided. Collect your free book bag and goodies.
- Storytime session Wednesdays, 2.30pm - 3.30pm; for under-fives and their carers, free.