St Agnes Library
Information about St Agnes Library.
|Monday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||1:30pm - 5:30pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 1:00pm|
Upcoming Bank Holidays, we will be closed on:
- Monday 5 May - Early May bank holiday
- Monday 26 May -Spring bank holiday
In the case of an emergency outside of the above opening hours please phone Kestrel: 023 8086 5658.
All Cornwall libraries can provide information on living, working or studying in another European Union country.
- Two computers with fast broadband Internet connections (please see library fees and charges, booking and acceptable use policy). Free Internet access for children.
- Printing in black and white or colour (see library fees and charges)
- Colour photocopier (see library fees and charges)
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers
- Display space available for artwork, pottery, crafts etc. Please contact us for further details.
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be made during our opening hours. Please be aware that there may be a queue during lunch breaks 12noon to 1:30pm.
- Magazine swap shop - finished with your magazine? Bring it in and swap it for another - free
- Bolster – Collect your copy of the free Parish paper, full of news, information and local events
We are based in the free car park and have two disabled parking spaces outside the front entrance to the library.
Automatic door via the front entrance.
Regular events and activities
Beginners Computer Lessons
We run Beginners Computer Courses at selected Libraries. If you would like to attend just ask in your local library.
- 7th Readers - Meet Every 6 weeks, no set day
- AgRead - Meet 2nd Thursday of each month
- Beacon Readers - Meet 1st Thursday of each month
- Bookworms - Meet 2nd Monday of each month
- Monday- No information available
- Trekend - Meet on Monday, every 6 weeks
- Ya Ya Sisterhood - Meet Last Wednesday of every month
- Chatterbooks, reading club for 8 - 11 year olds. Takes place on the second Wednesday of the month from 3:30pm - 4:30pm. Come along and discuss the books and characters you love, or even those you hate! Fruit juice and snack provided. Collect your free book bag and goodies.
All our reading groups in the area are currently full, if you would like to set up a new group in the area please contact us at the Library for details of how we can help and support you. If your interested in joining a group, a variety of readers' groups run throughout Cornwall.
St Agnes Library Poetry Circle
Meets the first Wednesday of every month from 5:15pm - 6:30pm. Poetry discussion group. Share your favourite poems with the group or maybe even your own work? All welcome.
Wednesdays, 2:30pm - 3:30pm; storytime session for under-fives and their carers, free.
Special events and activities
- St. Agnes Library will be displaying two large banners throughout March as part of the wider commemoration of the First World War.
- The banners, which are on loan from local resident George Mannell, form the basis of our WW1 theme that includes poppies made by our storytime children, poems selected by our poetry circle and a wide range of books covering everything from the horror of the trenches to the art and poetry that rose out of them.
St Agnes Library job club runs every Wednesday between 9:30am-11:30am. We work in partnership with Job Centre Plus to help support local people find work. We offer FREE access to computers during this session for online job related activities, as well as basic IT skills guidance to help job seekers apply for jobs online and support those looking for work.