Launceston Library and One Stop Shop
Information about Launceston Library and One Stop Shop.
Upcoming Bank Holidays and Library One Stop Shop office closing dates
- Friday 25 December 2015 - Christmas Day – closed
- Saturday 26 December 2015 – Boxing Day – closed
- Monday 28 December 2015 – closed
- Friday 1 January 2016 - New Year’s Day - closed
Launceston Registration Office
The Launceston Registration Office is located in the Launceston Library/One Stop Shop. The Launceston Registration Office opening hours are different to the Library/One Stop Shop opening hours.
- We have a car park outside with a disabled badge holder space
- Main entrance has automatic doors
- Accessible toilets
Council payments taken
Cash, cheque and card payments are taken during normal opening hours.
You can use the links below to make an online payment:
- Pay it - pay your council tax, business rates, parking ticket and more.
- How to pay your council tax
- Council tenants - pay your rent using allpay Payment
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- 7 Computers with internet access
- Free WiFi available
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Microfiche/microfilm reader
- National and local newspapers
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be processed during normal opening hours during the week and Saturdays by appointment only.
- Europe Direct information on living, working or studying in other European Union countries
- We have a small amount of stock of recycling sacks and boxes available from this One Stop Shop but cannot guarantee availability but we can order on your behalf or you can order direct using our request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Seagull proof bags available at a cost of £3.50. Each bag will hold three black rubbish sacks.
Events and activities
- Action on Hearing Loss - monthly surgery offering advice and information held on the second Friday of the month, 9:30am-12:30pm.
- Computer classes for beginners
- Proper Job help for job seekers
- Reading groups -There are a number of reading groups in and around Launceston who use the library to get recommendations and sets of books.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.