Launceston Library and One Stop Shop
Information about Launceston Library and One Stop Shop.
|Monday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:30am - 6:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 1:00pm|
Upcoming Bank Holidays, we will be closed on:
Monday 5 May - Early May bank holiday
Monday 26 May - Spring bank holiday
The Launceston Registration Office is located in the Launceston Library/One Stop Shop. Please note. The Launceston Registration Office opening hours are different to the Library/One Stop Shop opening hours.
- We have a car park outside with a disabled badge holder space
- Main entrance has automatic doors
- Accessible toilets
- Seven computers with fast broadband Internet connections (please see library fees and charges, booking and acceptable use policy). Free Internet access for children.
- Printing in black and white or colour (library fees and charges)
- Colour photocopier (library fees and charges)
- Scanner (printing charges apply, see library fees and charges)
- WiFi - free to library members (WiFi terms and conditions of use policy)
- Microfiche/microfilm reader
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be made during weekdays. Saturdays and lunchtimes by appointment only
- This is a self-service library. Staff are available to help you with your reading choices or if you wish to make an enquiry
- All Cornwall libraries can provide information on living, working or studying in another European Union country.
Regular events and activities
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme
Join us every Friday morning from 10:00am - 11:00am for singing, stories and an activity. Tuesday session at 10:30-11:30. See it, sing it and sign.
- Beginners Computer Lessons
We run Beginners Computer Courses at selected Libraries. If you would like to attend just ask in your local library.
- Little Red Bus
Would you like to know when the next Little Red Bus trip to Truro will be? Travel dates on the noticeboard in the foyer.
- Readers’ groups
There are a number of reading groups in and around Launceston who use the library to get recommendations and sets of books. If you would like further details, please contact the library. Also, there are various reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall
- Action on Hearing Loss
Monthly surgery offering advice and information held on the second Friday of the month, 9:30am - 12:30pm.
Special events and activities
To celebrate National Libraries day Launceston Library are holding a Gadget day in on Friday 7 February 10:00am- 4:00pm - bring your ‘Gadget’ or use one of ours. This is a drop-in session demonstrating a variety of online library services including how to access the online library catalogue, cyber library, Ancestry, Theory Test and Reference Online.
On Saturday 8th February Come and join us in Launceston Library 10:00am-1:00pm
Help us celebrate National Libraries Day with a ‘Trail and Treat ‘ for children .Enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee with biscuits kindly provided by our Community Champion from Tesco. Demonstration of Tesco Hudl Tablet.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
- Reading challenges and featured websites
Launceston One Stop Shop facilities and information
- Citizens Advice Bureau - appointment only, for appointment call 08444 994188
Waste Management Containment
- A stock of recycling sacks and recycling boxes are available here