Hayle Library and One Stop Shop
Information about Hayle Library and One Stop Shop
In the case of an emergency outside of the above opening hours please phone Kestrel: 01209 313125
- Wheelchair access to the main entrance (automatic doors).
- 5 Computers with internet access
- Community and wildlife reading garden overlooking the Hayle Pool Bird Reserve, open for all to use
- National and local newspapers
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be processed during normal opening hours during the week and Saturdays by appointment only.
- Council payments taken during normal opening hours
- Councillors Surgery - first Saturday of every month 10am-noon
- Europe Direct information on living, working or studying in other European Union countries
- Tourist Information Centre
- Stonham Byan - Mondays between 3pm-5pm (no need to book an appointment just drop-in). Or contact Cornwall County-Wide Housing Related Information / Advice Line on 01209 719182 or 07710709527 (Lines open 9am–noon Mon -Fri) Email: email@example.com
- Seagull proof bags available at a cost of £3.50. Each reusable bag will hold three black rubbish sacks
Events and activities
- Computer classes for beginners
- Proper Job help for job seekers
- Chapter and Verse book group meet on the first Wednesday of every month from 2pm-3pm in the library.
- The U3A writing group meet in the library every other Thursday 10am-noon (the library is closed except for access to the writing group) If you're interested in joining please ask a member of staff.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall.
- Storytime sessions every Wednesday at 3:45pm for children of infant and primary school age (4-12yrs).
- Bookstart Bounce and Rhymetime every Wednesday 10:30am for children 0-3yrs and their carers.