Due to some essential maintenance a number of online services will be unavailable from Friday 18 April 8am until Sunday 20 April at 9pm. Unavailable services include; School admissions, Online planning register, library account and catalogue, council tax and benefits system, mapping, building control forms, job applications, my area page, payments and leisure bookings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Hayle Library and One Stop Shop
Information about Hayle Library and One Stop Shop.
|Monday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:30am - 6:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am - 5:00pm|
On Saturday 19 April there will be no Wifi or public access computers available, this is due to a system upgrade. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Upcoming Bank Holidays, we will be closed on:
Friday 18 April - Good Friday
Monday 21 April - Easter Monday
Monday 5 May - Early May bank holiday
Monday 26 May - Spring bank holiday
There is a ramp to the main entrance which has automatic doors.
- This is a self-service library. Staff are available to help you with your reading choices or if you wish to make an enquiry.
- Community and wildlife reading garden overlooking the Hayle Pool Bird Reserve, open for all to use.
- Five computers with fast broadband Internet connections (please see library fees and charges, booking and acceptable use policy). Free Internet access for children.
- Printing in black and white or colour (library fees and charges)
- Colour photocopier (library fees and charges)
- Scanner (printing charges apply - see library fees and charges)
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers
- Tourist Information Centre
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be made during our usual opening times. Saturdays by appointment only.
- All Cornwall libraries can provide information on living, working or studying in another European Union country.
Regular events and activities
- Beginners Computer Lessons
We run Beginners Computer Courses at selected Libraries. If you would like to attend just ask in your local library.
- Readers’ groups
A readers’ group meets on the first Wednesday of the month, 2:00pm - 3:00pm. Also, we have various reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall
- Join us for our storytime session every Tuesday at 3:45pm. Stories and arts and crafts for children of infant and primary school age (4 – 12yrs).
- Writers’ group
A writers’ group run by the U3A meets fortnightly on a Thursday from 10:00am
- Bookstart Bounce and Rhymetime
Every Wednesday 10:30am for children 0-3yrs and their carers. Come along to free rhymetime sessions.
Special events and activities
Hayle Library job club runs every Wednesday between 10:00am - 12 noon. We work in partnership with Job Centre Plus to help support local people find work. We offer FREE access to computers during this session for online job related activities, as well as basic IT skills guidance to help job seekers apply for jobs online and support those looking for a new job.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
- Reading challenges and featured websites
Hayle One Stop Shop facilities and information
Council payments taken during normal opening hours
First Saturday of every month 10.00am to 12noon
Monday between 3:00pm and 5:00pm (no need to book an appointment just drop-in)