Hayle Library and One Stop Shop
Information about Hayle Library and One Stop Shop
Upcoming Bank Holidays and Library One Stop Shop office closing dates
- Friday 25 December 2015 - Christmas Day – closed
- Saturday 26 December 2015 – Boxing Day – closed
- Monday 28 December 2015 – closed
- Friday 1 January 2016 - New Year’s Day - closed
- Wheelchair access to the main entrance (automatic doors).
Council payments taken
Cash, cheque and card payments are taken during normal opening hours.
You can use the links below to make an online payment:
- Pay it - pay your council tax, business rates, parking ticket and more.
- How to pay your council tax
- Council tenants - pay your rent using allpay Payment
- 5 Computers with internet access
- Community and wildlife reading garden overlooking the Hayle Pool Bird Reserve, open for all to use
- National and local newspapers
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be processed during normal opening hours during the week and Saturdays by appointment only.
- Council payments taken during normal opening hours
- Councillors Surgery - first Saturday of every month 10am-noon
- Europe Direct information on living, working or studying in other European Union countries
- Tourist Information Centre
- Stonham Byan - Mondays between 3pm-5pm (no need to book an appointment just drop-in). Or contact Cornwall County-Wide Housing Related Information / Advice Line on 01209 719182 or 07710709527 (Lines open 9am–noon Mon -Fri) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling bags and boxes - this Library One Stop Shop does not hold stocks but we can order on your behalf or you can order direct using the using our request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
Events and activities
- Computer classes for beginners
- Proper Job help for job seekers
- Chapter and Verse book group meet on the first Wednesday of every month from 2pm-3pm in the library.
- The U3A writing group meet in the library every other Thursday 10am-noon (the library is closed except for access to the writing group) If you're interested in joining please ask a member of staff.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall.