This page lists special events in Cornwall Libraries and One Stop Shops. Events listed on this page are free, unless otherwise stated.
Please see your local library pages for regular events and activites in a library near you.
Harry Potter Book Night
- For all those Harry Potter fans, join us in Bodmin Library to test your knowledge by entering our quiz celebrating Harry Potter night with Lego prizes.
Friday 20 February
- Guest speaker on 20 February meeting of the Forum/Workshop Dr Gerald Hull will be holding a seminar ‘Seven Ways of Looking – The Art and Craft of Poetry’ in St Ives library.
- This event is free and all are welcome.
Dreadnought South West
Wednesday 4 March in Bodmin Library (2.30pm-4pm) and Tuesday 3 March in Redurth Library (10.30am-12noon)
- Exploring 100 years of women's activism in the South West
- Come and meet us and find out about our work. Bring a story about women and activism if you have one to share with us. Find out about our latest project - The Orchard Roadshow.
- We are on the look out for stories and voices we haven’t heard before. Add your voice to rebellious sounds.
Is there a particular woman or event – a speech, a book, a photograph – that inspired you? What piece of advice would you like to pass on to the next generation of women?
Celebration of St Piran
Saturday 7 March
Come along to Looe Library One Stop Shop on Saturday 7 March (10am -1pm) to embrace Cornwall's heritage and culture with a celebration of St Piran.
- Cornish Language for children
- Face painting
- Flag making workshop
- Cornish stories for children
- Photographic exhibition of old Looe
- Demonstration of “Find My Past” website
- Saffron cake and refreshments
This is a free event hosted by Cornwall Councillors Armand Toms and Edwina Hannaford and Looe Library One Stop Shop
Open sessions in digital editing suite
- Wednesday's 2pm-4pm in Truro Community Library (digital editing suite is on the first floor)
- Drop in and try the Macs - help with software available
- No fees but you must have your own library card
- St Ives Library has launched a Lego club. If you have any unwanted Lego at home, all donations of unwanted Lego would be gratefully received. The lego club is free to all primary school aged children, but places are very limited, so please contact the St Ives library to sign up in advance to ensure a place.
Six Book Challenge
If you're thinking about improving your reading or would like to read more, then the Six Book Challenge is for you. You are invited to choose six reads, review them and enter prize draws. Run by The Reading Agency to build your reading confidence and literacy skills. Just ask about the six book challenge in your local library.