This page lists special events in Cornwall Libraries and One Stop Shops. Events listed on this page are free, unless otherwise stated.
Please see your local library pages for regular events and activites in a library near you.
Celebrate national bookstart week
- Bookstart Bear will be visiting Looe Library on Thursday June 11th 10.30am to celebrate National Bookstart week. This is a free event for babies and toddlers.
- Bookstart Bear will also visit Lostwithiel Library on Monday June 8th 10am. This is a free event for babies and toddlers.
Creative club for children
- Lostwithiel Library will soon be starting a Lego Club. If you or someone you know is interested please let the library know names and ages. We have a collection of donated Lego and will gratefully receive further donations.
Dyslexia Information Session
Wednesday 3 June
- The Cornwall Dyslexia Association will be holding a dyslexia information session at Truro Community Library on Wednesday 3 June 10am-1pm. Come and find us for information and advice on dyslexia and the services we offer
Fowey History Group
- Life in Fowey in the fateful year 1914 - free exhibition in Fowey Library during Fowey Festival Week on Friday 15th May (9.30am – 5pm)
- St Ives Library has launched a Lego club. If you have any unwanted Lego at home, all donations of unwanted Lego would be gratefully received. The lego club is free to all primary school aged children, but places are very limited, so please contact the St Ives library to sign up in advance to ensure a place.
Consultation for the Library and One Stop Shop Review
Friday 22 May
- In Truro One Stop Shop 10am-12noon and then 2pm-4pm, come along to participate and find out more about the review and help to shape the future service
Pagesurfers and Lostwithiel Library Presents 'The Write Stuff'
Friday 29 May
- The Write Stuff - A writing workshop for children aged 5-16 (younger children must be accompanied).
- Exploring different forms of writing: poems, short stories, fairytales, non-fiction.
- Fun activities to help you release your inner writer.
- Friday 29 May, 2pm-4pm in Lostwithiel Library
- Sign up now! Ask a member of library staff for more details.
Royal British Legion Welfare
Thursday 21 May
- Drop-In Information Session 10am-3pm in Truro One Stop Shop