This page lists special events in Cornwall Libraries and One Stop Shops. Events listed on this page are free, unless otherwise stated.
Please see your local library pages for regular events and activities in a library near you.
Saturday 23 April
- World Book Night is an annual celebration of reading and books that takes place on 23 April. It sees volunteers give out hundreds of books in their communities to share their love of reading with people who don’t read regularly or own books. World Book Night is run by The Reading Agency that inspires people to become confident and enthusiastic readers.
Branching Out, is launching on World Book Night
- Loop the Loop is a series of creative adventures inspired by books, research and local heritage. On 23rd April there will be a Trains Heritage Day on Liskeard Railway Station to include a pop up library. There is also a drawing workshop on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway 12.30–3pm and a sound recording workshop at Liskeard Railway 10am – 4.30pm, The workshops ae aimed at adults 16+ but accompanied young people are welcome. .
- The St Ives Library Friends Group are doing a ‘Design a stamp for Shakespeare’ with prizes for Juniors and Adults. Competitors have until 30th April to hand in their designs. Designs will be on display in St Ives Library
No Holds Bard - An Evening of Shakespeare, Sonnets and Shazz
Fri 29 April 7pm
No Holds Bard - An Evening of Shakespeare, Sonnets and Shazz is taking place at St Austell Library. Tickets are £8 which includes refreshments.
A chance to win a year’s worth of Hall for Cornwall theatre tickets at your local library
- Launching on National Libraries Day and running until 29th March, Cornwall Libraries have joined with Hall for Cornwall and Rogue Theatre who invite you to visit your local library and join the hunt. Hidden in carefully selected books in any of Cornwall’s libraries will be three lucky Golden Bookmarks which will give you and your family the opportunity to experience the very best in comedy, drama, dance and music and explore all that Hall for Cornwall has to offer.
- In addition to the three Golden Bookmarks there will also be 30 pairs of theatre tickets available to those who find a Silver Bookmark. For more details ask at your local library or visit www.hallforcornwall.co.uk
Arts Award Supporter
- Support with your arts research (forget Google and try books! We have a great collection of books about art, theatre and dance)
- A chance to exhibit your work in our exhibition space
- Children’s book group for 8-11s – share your favourite writers
- Volunteering opportunities for 14+ with Summer Reading Challenge
- St Ives Library has launched a Lego club. If you have any unwanted Lego at home, all donations of unwanted Lego would be gratefully received. The lego club is free to all primary school aged children, but places are very limited, so please contact the St Ives library to sign up in advance to ensure a place.
- Lostwithiel Library Lego club is held fortnightly on Wednesday afternoons from 3.45-4.45. Free to attend. Please contact the library for more information..
Loop the Loop - creative adventures inspired by books, research and local heritage
- The series of Loop the Loop events held in Cornwall Libraries is complete - take a look at the Loop the Loop animation on You Tube https://youtu.be/Mcw2-nINl80 by Lizzie Black with participants from Redruth School, Bodmin College, visitors to Redruth and Bodmin libraries as well as the Knit and Natter Group in Bodmin! More Loop the Loop activities.