This page lists special events in Cornwall Libraries and One Stop Shops. Events listed on this page are free, unless otherwise stated.
Please see your local library pages for regular events and activities in a library near you.
As part of the Rugby festival...
- Libraries in the South West are urging readers to Tackle a Book. The 2015 Reading Passport has something for everybody from books about rugby to some literary guilty pleasures.
- For more information go to www.readingpassport.org or visit your local library.
- 30,000 passports will be circulated this autumn through public libraries in the South West region. Pick up a copy of the Read XV Passport from your local library.
Christmas Storytime session
Sat 19 Dec 11am-12noon
- Join us for Christmas stories in Torpoint Library and One Stop Shop
Santa in his Grotto
Wed 25 Nov, 2nd, 9th and 16 Dec
- Come and meet Santa in his Grotto in the garden at Truro Community Library during late night Christmas shopping on Wednesday 25th November, 2nd, 9th and 16th December (5:30pm-7:30pm) Tickets: £3 (price includes writing a letter to Santa and a gift).
- Please buy your tickets in advance from Truro Community Library.
The art of paper mosaic : recent work by Steve Powell
- Mosaic Man at Looe Library and One Stop Shop and Lostwithiel Library throughout November and December.
The Write Stuff
30 November 2pm-4pm
- Pagesurfers and Lostwithiel Library presents 'The Write Stuff' a writing workshop for children aged 5–16yrs (younger children must be accompanied). Exploring different forms of writing: poems, short stories, fairytales, non-fiction.
- Fun activities to help you release your inner writer, come along to Lostwithiel Library.
- St Ives Library has launched a Lego club. If you have any unwanted Lego at home, all donations of unwanted Lego would be gratefully received. The lego club is free to all primary school aged children, but places are very limited, so please contact the St Ives library to sign up in advance to ensure a place.
- Lostwithiel Library will soon be starting a Lego Club. If you or someone you know is interested please let the library know names and ages. We have a collection of donated Lego and will gratefully receive further donations.
Loop the Loop - creative adventures inspired by books, research and local heritage
- The series of Loop the Loop events held in Cornwall Libraries is complete - take a look at the Loop the Loop animation on You Tube https://youtu.be/Mcw2-nINl80 by Lizzie Black with participants from Redruth School, Bodmin College, visitors to Redruth and Bodmin libraries as well as the Knit and Natter Group in Bodmin! More Loop the Loop activities to be planned later in the year.