This page lists special events in Cornwall Libraries and One Stop Shops. Events listed on this page are free, unless otherwise stated.
Please see your local library pages for regular events and activities in a library near you.
A chance to win a year’s worth of Hall for Cornwall theatre tickets at your local library
- Launching on National Libraries Day on February 6th and running until 29th March, Cornwall Libraries have joined with Hall for Cornwall and Rogue Theatre who invite you to visit your local library and join the hunt. Hidden in carefully selected books in any of Cornwall’s libraries will be three lucky Golden Bookmarks which will give you and your family the opportunity to experience the very best in comedy, drama, dance and music and explore all that Hall for Cornwall has to offer.
- In addition to the three Golden Bookmarks there will also be 30 pairs of theatre tickets available to those who find a Silver Bookmark. For more details ask at your local library or visit www.hallforcornwall.co.uk
A series of workshops in St Austell Library for those living with dementia
- Mon 29 Feb - Lost Threads 9.30am
- Thurs 10 Mar 2pm - Living with Dementia open to all
- Tues 15 Mar - Sensory Trust Gardening 9.30 to 1.30am<
- Mon 28 Mar - Living with Dementia Open to all 2pm
Arts Award Supporter
If you’re aged 7-25 and you’re already doing an Arts Award at school or an Arts Award centre, then St Ives Library can help. We offer:
Support with your arts research (forget Google and try books! We have a great collection of books about art, theatre and dance)
A chance to exhibit your work in our exhibition space
Children’s book group for 8-11s – share your favourite writers
Volunteering opportunities for 14+ with Summer Reading Challenge
Find out more about dementia
- You are invited to find out more about dementia and help Looe to become a Dementia Friendly Community
- Free event on Friday 19 February 2.30pm–4.30pm at Looe Library and One Stop Shop
James and the GIANT Peach
- Join us at Newquay Library for a DAHLICIOUS day! Crafts, trails and more. Have you ever tried crispy wasp stings? Now’s your chance!
- Tuesday 16 February 10.30am. Tickets £1.00 per child available from Newquay library.
- St Ives Library has launched a Lego club. If you have any unwanted Lego at home, all donations of unwanted Lego would be gratefully received. The lego club is free to all primary school aged children, but places are very limited, so please contact the St Ives library to sign up in advance to ensure a place.
- Lostwithiel Library will soon be starting a Lego Club. If you or someone you know is interested please let the library know names and ages. We have a collection of donated Lego and will gratefully receive further donations.
Loop the Loop - creative adventures inspired by books, research and local heritage
- The series of Loop the Loop events held in Cornwall Libraries is complete - take a look at the Loop the Loop animation on You Tube https://youtu.be/Mcw2-nINl80 by Lizzie Black with participants from Redruth School, Bodmin College, visitors to Redruth and Bodmin libraries as well as the Knit and Natter Group in Bodmin! More Loop the Loop activities to be planned later in the year.