Help & information - Rough Sleeping

Help and information if you are rough sleeping in Cornwall

There a range of services across Cornwall for people who are rough sleeping or at risk of sleeping rough. Working closely together these services are provided by a range of organisations such as Cornwall Housing Limited, St Petroc’s Society, Coastline Housing and Shelter.

Continue reading

The services commissioned by Cornwall Council or funded by the Devon & Cornwall Rough Sleeper Partnership can provide assistance with:

  • Help into emergency accommodation.
  • Help into hostel accommodation / private rented housing /supported housing.
  • Help with ID and benefits.
  • Information and advice about support services.
  • Assistance with linking in with health services.
  • Access to individual budgets to assist your move away from the streets.
  • Reconnection back to an area where you may have support networks / accommodation.

On this page:

Cornwall Housing Options Team for housing advice and assistance.

 Tel:0300 1234 161 

Open: 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday. There is an Out of Hours Service available.



The St Petroc’s Helpline for advice and information. You can use the number below to contact the Assertive Street Outreach Team and the St Petroc’s Resource Centre in Truro.

 Tel: 01872 264153 

Open: 8am - 5pm, seven days a week

Cornwall Housing Options Team

Tel: 0300 1234 161 


St Petroc’s Society 

If possible you should complete the ‘single referral form’ with your client and return to the email address shown below. 



If you would like to report a rough sleeper in your community please contact the 24 Hour Rough Sleeper Referral Line by calling 0300 500 0914 or visiting the Streetlink website.

Tel: 0300 500 0914

web site: 

The Assertive Street Outreach Team will endeavour to verify enquiries within 24 hours of receiving a report. Once verified, we will carry out an assessment with the client to identify their needs and support them into accommodation, or if they don't have a local connection to Cornwall, to work with them to return to where they have family and support.

Concerned about someone sleeping rough? The Streetlink leaflet explains how to report your concerns.