Due to some essential maintenance a number of online services will be unavailable from Friday 18 April 8am until Sunday 20 April at 9pm. Unavailable services include; School admissions, Online planning register, library account and catalogue, council tax and benefits system, mapping, building control forms, job applications, my area page, payments and leisure bookings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Cornwall’s first ever countywide Homelessness Strategy, which sets out its vision for reducing the number of homeless people over the next five years, was adopted by Cornwall Council’s Cabinet on 17th March 2010.
All local authorities are required by law to produce a Homelessness Strategy based on a review of local services and needs, which was carried out with input both from partner agencies who work with homeless people and from homeless people themselves.
Cornwall Housing Ltd has been commissioned to deliver the Homelessness Strategy by Cornwall Council on its behalf and is a company wholly owned by the Council.
The findings of the Homelessness Review have provided the foundation for the Homelessness Strategy, which sets out three priority areas in which the Council, along with partner agencies, will work to reduce homelessness in Cornwall over the next five years.
The three Strategic Priorities of the Homelessness Strategy are:
- Improve access to housing by removing barriers to accessing suitable long term private and social housing through financial assistance, landlord partnerships and Choice Based Lettings
- Support vulnerable people by improving joint working to support clients
- Minimise rough sleeping by stemming the flow of new rough sleepers onto the streets and supporting regular rough sleepers into suitable accommodation
The delivery of the Strategy, which must be renewed every five years, will be monitored through an annual plan by Cornwall Council, which will identify the work and resources committed by both Cornwall Housing and relevant partner organisations.
Homelessness Strategy documents
- Homelessness Strategy Executive Summary
- Homelessness Review Executive Summary
- Homelessness Strategy Document
- Homelessness Review
For easier cross-referencing, the Homelessness Strategy document contains a series of hyper-links to relevant sections of the Homelessness Review. In order to activate these links, please download both documents and save them to the same folder. Alternatively, the Homelessness Strategy also contains page references for the corresponding section of the Review.