Paying your rent
Tenants of Cornwall Housing and garages can pay their rent in the following ways:
- Direct debit - the easiest way to pay, simply complete and return a direct debit mandate form below and we will do the rest. If you want to discuss this option in more detail, please contact one of our team members using the contacts details on the right.
East Cornwall (former Landlord Services tenants)
Download an electronic copy of the East Cornwall direct debit mandate.
Mid Cornwall (former Carrick Housing)
Download an electronic copy of the Mid Cornwall (former Carrick) direct debit mandate.
- Post office - pay your rent at any post office in the country with your rent payment card
- Paypoint - you can use your payment card at any shop displaying the Paypoint logo
- By phone - call us on 0300 1234 161 between 8.30am and 5 pm using your debit or credit card. Please have your account reference to hand when using this method.
- In person - Pay by cash, cheque or debit/credit card at designated council offices and One Stop Shops
It is important that you pay your rent on time. If you do not pay your rent in line with your tenancy conditions you run the risk of losing your home.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and would like to discuss payment options or an arrangement to clear the outstanding arrears, please telephone 0300 1234 161 and ask to speak to the Rent Management Team. Alternatively you may seek independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau on 08444 994188 or the National Debt Line on 0808 808 4000.
You may be entitled to housing benefit. Please contact our benefits service on 0300 1234 121 who will be able to advise you on claiming housing benefit.