Independent Living Service
The Independent Living Service is currently under review which will result in major changes to the way we provide support.
The Independent Living Service supports vulnerable adults to maintain their independence. Details of our chargeable services are shown below. However we also have a funded support service for people at risk of losing their independence. If you are worried about your own wellbeing or someone else’s please contact us to see if we can help.
Support provided by the service may include but is not limited to:
- Support to access services that can provide assistance with practical tasks including but not limited to gardening, shopping, laundry, pet care, which can be purchased by the person
- Enablement focused housing related support including but not limited to managing a tenancy, household bills, money, debt, and correspondence and identifying health and safety hazards
- Development of skills for daily living including but not limited to cooking, cleaning and budgeting
- Access to cultural and religious activities
- Facilitation of peer led support or activity groups
- Access to befriending
- Information, advice and guidance
- Drop in support sessions
- One to one support
- Time specific projects that meet individual outcomes
- Training and/or supportive information sessions
- Facilitating access to appropriate physical activities
- Facilitating access to training to enable the person to remain in, or return to employment or voluntary work
- Facilitating access to low-level environmental adaptations and equipment e.g. repairs, home safety checks, telecare
- Support the person to consider options where monitoring of community alarms, telecare and telehealth are combined
- Support the person’s to access transport but not directly provide transport as part of the service
If you require further information please call 0300 1234 161 and ask for the Independent Living Services Team.