Changes to opening hours and phone options
From 1st August our opening hours and phone options will change. Our reception and telephone lines will be open from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday – Friday.
Calls taken during this period will be handled by our in-house team. Instead of hearing six options you will be asked to select one of the four options below:
- If you know the name of the person, team or extension you wish to speak to press 1.
- If you are calling regarding benefits press 2.
- If you are calling about a repair press 3.
- For all other enquiries press 4.
If you have an out-of-hours emergency your call will be answered by an operator who will direct your call to the right team.
For all housing enquiries please call 0300 1234 161.
In this section of the website you can find out what Cornwall Housing can do for you:
- Applying for a home - advice and options available to you
- Your tenancy - what you need to know
- Paying your rent - ways to pay
- Anti social behaviour - what can I do to tackle it?
- Your neighbourhood - estate walkabouts and tenancy support
- Repairs, maintenance and improvements
- Tenant involvement - how can I get involved?
- Lifeline - 24 hour emergency response for any householder
- Right to buy - buying your council home
- Mutual exchange - swapping your home using the national scheme
- Independent Living - homes for people who have a support need
- Leaseholders - services and management
- Frequently asked questions - view, search or ask a question
- About Cornwall Housing - want to know more about us?
One Stop Shops
Cornwall has 23 One Stop shops and each one has a wide range of information available and friendly staff who can answer many questions about council services including housing.
Most One Stop shops have free internet access to the council’s website and other public service websites and they can take payments for council services including housing and garage rent.
Benefit and housing specialists visit a number of One Stop Shops regularly.
Find your nearest One Stop Shop