Compliments and complaints

We want to make sure that you receive consistently good customer service when you contact us.

Our customer promise leaflet will explain what you can expect from us.

Make a comment or complaint online

Alternatively you can make a comment or complaint by: 

Would you like to pay us a compliment?

A compliment would be praise from you as a customer for a service delivered by us or by someone acting on our behalf.

Do you have a comment for us?

A comment could be constructive feedback you have about a service delivered by us, or by someone acting on our behalf.

Do you have a complaint that you want to make?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with a service or how we have dealt with something. Please take a look at our Complaints policy. Our aim is to settle your complaint quickly and informally. You will not receive any unfavourable treatment as a result of making a complaint.

How we deal with complaints

We aim to resolve your complaint straight away. If this is not possible your complaint will be referred for investigation under a formal three step process.

Step 1

  • Your complaint will be investigated by the relevant manager.
  • We aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.

Step 2

  • If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with at step 1 you can ask for a review by a senior manager within 3 weeks of our step 1 response.
  • At this step we aim to resolve your complaint within 20 working days.

Step 3

  • If you feel your complaint has not been addressed at Step 2, you can ask for a final Step 3 review within 3 weeks of the Step 2 response.
  • The Step 3 complaint will be reviewed by an appeals panel made up of trained tenant representatives, directors and board members.

Local Government Ombudsman and Housing Ombudsman Service

You can make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman and/or the Housing Ombudsman Service at any time.

If your complaint goes through all the formal steps and you believe it is still not resolved you can go to the Ombudsmen, who are independent of Cornwall Housing and Cornwall Council.

In most cases, Cornwall Housing must have had the opportunity to respond to the complaint before the Ombudsmen will consider it.

  • The Local Government Ombudsman is the final stage for complaint about Councils and some other organisations providing local public services.

  • The Housing Ombudsman helps tenants and landlords resolve complaints.

If you are unsure which Ombudsman to contact and contact the wrong one in error, they can provide advice to you and forward on your details to the correct Ombudsman. The Ombudsman can also work together to ensure your complaint is dealt with by the most appropriate service.

More information about the Local Government Ombudsman can be found on their web site.

Alternatively, you can write or phone:

Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771
Telephone: 0300 061 0614
Fax: 024 7682 0001

You can contact them via the following online form - Local Government Ombudsman contact form.

More information about the Housing Ombudsman Service can be found on their web site.

And/or you can write or phone:

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
E14 9GE

Telephone: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)


If English is not your first language or you would prefer this information in an alternative method. Please visit the Cornwall Council page on Accessible Information.