Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Safeguarding adults - information for the general public

This page provides information on how to make a safeguarding adults alert/referralif

  • you are a vulnerable adult experiencing abuse or neglect
  • you have concerns that a vulnerable adult maybe, or is, experiencing abuse or neglect

There are also links to other safeguarding adults information, leaflets, the work of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Adults Board, and a directory of useful organisations that may be able to provide help and support.  There is also a link to a video providing information on safeguarding adults at the bottom of this page.

In Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly a safeguarding adults referral is called a safeguarding adults alert.

To make a safeguarding adults alert  in Cornwall you need to contact Adult Care, Health and Wellbeing on 0300 1234 131 or you can use one of the other ways listed on the following link contact Adult Care, Health and WellbeingWhat happens next?

Your call will be put through to the Adult Care, Health and Wellbeing access team.  When you speak to someone in the access team they will listen to what you have to say and will ask you questions so that they understand the concerns you are raising. 

What if I want to make a safeguarding adults alert for myself a friend or relative who lives on the Isles of Scilly?

You need to contact the Council of the Isles of Scilly Adult Social Care department on 01720 422148.  For further details please use the link contacting social services this will open the Council of the Isles of Scilly website in a new window.

Safeguarding Adults Unit

0300 1234 100