Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Applying for or renewing a blue badge

How do I apply for a blue badge?

You can apply for a blue badge online on the gov.uk website. You'll stil need to pay the fee and provide documents to Cornwall Council.


Apply online on Gov.uk

Alternatively you can:

Some companies offer a chargeable form checking service.  We don’t recommend using these.  If you do, you will still need to pay the Cornwall Council £10.00 fee for your blue badge application.  If you have questions about the form, ring us for advice on 0300 1234 121.

After we receive your application, identity checks will be carried out.  If any information is missing from your application, it may cause delays.

If your application is successful, your blue badge will be issued from a national supplier.  If your application is unsuccessful, you can appeal by writing to Shared Services (Assessments), Truro, PO Box 676, TR1 9EQ.

Your blue badge is normally valid for three years from the date of issue.

However, if you receive:

  • mobility allowance
  • the higher rate mobility component of the disability living allowance
  • or war pensioners mobility supplement

and your benefit has been awarded for less than three years, your blue badge will expire on the same date as your benefit.

You need to fill in a new application form and pay another £10.00 fee every time you renew your badge. 

We need to receive your application at least four weeks before your old badge expires. 

If your application is successful, your new badge will be sent to you about a week before your old badge expires.

We can issue a replacement badge if yours is lost, stolen, destroyed or so damaged or faded that it can’t be read.  You will need to provide a new photo and the £10.00 fee.

  • If your old badge has less than six months until it expires, you must complete a new application form. 
  • If your old badge has more than six months until it expires, write to Shared Services (Assessments), Truro, PO Box 676, TR1 9EQ asking for a replacement and explaining why you need it.
  • If your badge is lost or stolen, you need to file a report with the police to say that your badge has been lost or stolen and then provide us with the police crime report number.
  • If your badge is faded or damaged, you must return it to us after you receive your replacement badge.

Blue badges

0300 1234 121