Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Help at home

Help at home and personal care

If you, or someone you know, need help at home with personal care tasks such as washing, dressing and using the toilet, or with housework, you can now find details of independent domiciliary care agencies and organisations by going to the Cornwall Community Directory and searching for what you need.


The Cornwall Community Directory is an online resource set up by Cornwall Council's Adult Care, Health and Wellbeing directorate, helping you to find details of local care services all in one place. The directory gives details of care agencies, care homes, meals on wheels, voluntary and community groups, organisations and much more.

We hope you can find what you need, but if you would like to speak to a person, we can also offer advice on services available in Cornwall and ways that we can help you if you are eligible for our services. Contact the Access Team on 0300 1234 131 or using the form on the right to request an assessment or for more information. 

Following an assessment of your circumstances you may be entitled to a personal budget from Adult Care, Health and Wellbeing if you have eligible social care needs.

A personal budget is money from Adult Care, Health and Wellbeing to enable people who have been assessed as having critical or substantial social care needs to organise and purchase support for themselves, or the council arrange this on their behalf.

For further information, please see our Personal budgets page, or to request an assessment of your needs, contact our Access Team using the details on the right.

For short-term help at home following discharge from hospital, the British Red Cross offer the 'Home from Hospital' scheme. They also offer support and practical help to people faced with an unexpected crisis caused for example by accident or illness.  To find out more please see British Red Cross Care at Home Services or call them on 01872 267 950.

The Council can also provide short-term reablement services following your hospital discharge, which you can find out more about by clicking on the links below. Our Access Team will be able to give you more information on 0300 1234 131.

Our Assistive Technology page about Hospitalisation gives you information about equipment which can help to avoid hospitalisation, or help people cope after discharge from hospital.

You can find information about emergency contact systems by following these two links:

Please see our Meal delivery services page or go to the Cornwall Community Directory and search for meal delivery services in your area..

Back to Health and social care.

Adult care, health and wellbeing

0300 1234 131