Falmouth and Penryn
Falmouth and Penryn Community Network
Cornwall’s 19 community networks are the main way we connect with local communities and drive improvement locally.
You can find out more about the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network here:
- Map of Falmouth and Penryn Community Network area
- Community network profile
- Map of Cornwall showing parishes and community network areas
Falmouth and Penryn Community Network Panel
The panel discusses issues affecting the community network area, agrees ways to progress them and seeks to build working relationships between local partners.
Panel meetings are open to the public and the press. Our public guide to community network panels explains how the meetings work and rules for reporting and filming meetings.
The panel includes local Cornwall Councillors and representatives from town and parish councils within the community network area. The panel can invite local organisations and service providers like the police and health services to join them at their meetings.
Chair - Cornwall Councillor Alan Jewell
Vice-chair - Councillor Marilyn Ferris (St Gluvias Parish Council)
The Cornwall councillors for Falmouth and Penryn Community Network are:
- Constantine, Mawnan and Budock - John Bastin CC
- Falmouth Arwenack - Geoffrey Evans CC
- Falmouth Boslowick - Alan Jewell CC
- Falmouth Penwerris - Hanna Toms CC
- Falmouth Smithick - Candy Atherton CC
- Falmouth Trescobeas - David Saunby CC
- Mabe, Perranworthal and St Gluvias - Peter Williams CC
- Penryn East and Mylor - Tony Martin CC
- Penryn West - Mary Katherine May CC
Future panel meeting dates
- 22 March 2016 AGM - To be held at Falmouth Town Council Offices, The Moor, Falmouth, TR11 2RT
Panel agendas and meeting papers
The agenda is published a week before each panel meeting and is available to view at the one stop shops in the community network area and on this web page. Notes of the panel meetings are published in the same way, within ten days of the meeting.
Meeting 8 December 2015
Meeting 15 September 2015
The meeting was held at Tremough Campus, Treliever Road, Penryn, TR10 9EZ from 7pm to 9pm.
Meeting 2 June 2015
Meeting 10 March 2015
Meeting 9 December 2014
Cornwall councillor community grants
Each Cornwall Council councillor has a small grant fund to assist projects run by voluntary and community groups in the area they represent. The grants can be used for a wide range of groups and activities, including helping vulnerable children or adults, helping young people, providing facilities for older people, supporting community facilities, local environment projects and helping projects to tackle community safety issues.
Grants range from a minimum of £100 and up to a maximum of £1,000. Check with your local Cornwall councillor before applying to see if funds are available and whether they would support your group’s application. You can find your councillor by entering your postcode in the My Area section of this page.
You can read the full guidelines for the scheme here. The current round of grants started on 4 April 2016. You can send your application in at any time during the year, up until the closing date of 17 February 2017.
- 2013-14 payment details for the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network
- 2014-15 payment details for the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network
- 2015-16 payment details for the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network