Europe impacts considerably on the work of Cornwall Council, through all departments and areas, and the Council has long recognised the importance of the EU for the County. Europe provides an opportunity for Cornwall to develop and the Council can help to achieve this.
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme is the European economic regeneration programme for the region. Running from 2014-2020 it will contribute to the EU ambition to deliver smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Growth Programme is worth €603,706,863 (excluding technical assistance) and is made up of two main funding streams:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) - The ERDF Programme is worth €452,780,147 and makes up 75% of the Programme allocation.
- European Social Fund (ESF) - The ESF Programme is worth €150,926,716 and makes up 25% of the Programme allocation.
European Agriculture Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
In addition to the ERDF and ESF funds the EAFRD fund will have a smaller allocation of £9.4 million which will align with the wider Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme.
For more information visit the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly growth programme website.
Promoting Cornwall in Europe and Europe in Cornwall
- Cornwall Brussels Office - representing the interests for Cornwall in Brussels through policy influence, intelligence and profile.
Maximising on the opportunities presented by Europe for project funding
- European Projects - Examples of some of the innovative projects made possible through European funding in Cornwall.
Working in partnership to deliver services and projects
- European Partnerships - Membership of European regional organisations means that Cornwall and Cornwall Council have a voice in Europe. They provide an opportunity to influence policy and seek partners to gain access to European funding.
- Protocol of Co-operation for Cornwall and Finistere - details of the protocol of co-operation developed between Cornwall Council and the Conseil Général du Finistère in Brittany, France allowing the two regions to work more closely on topics of common interest.
General European Information
EUROPA - the official website of the European Union