You can view your waste and recycling collection day by visiting the my area page.
Everyone should have a recycling box and three reusable sacks. Some areas still have the old recycling containers from the original district services, please continue to use these, we will replace them with new containers on request.
If your recycling was not collected as scheduled, you can report a missed recycling collection.
How do I get replacement or additional recycling boxes or bags?
If you do not have a box and three sacks you can collect them from most One Stop Shops, check to make sure that your local centre holds a stock. If you cannot get to a One Stop Shop you can also order them using the contact details on the right of this page.
- Glass bottles and jars. To avoid injuring yourself or the collection crews, please only ever put glass into the box.
- Textiles – Clean dry clothing, shoes, towels, sheets, (no duvets or pillows) please put them into a plastic bag to keep dry an put them on top of your box.
Sack for paper
- Paper includes - Newspapers, magazines, BT and Thompson phone directories, Yellow Pages catalogues and brochures, junk mail, white office paper, white envelopes (including those with windows).
- Shredded paper - put in a tied plastic bag.
Sack for cans and plastic bottles
- Plastic bottles. (All plastic bottles, but only plastic bottles – no other plastics can be accepted e.g. yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, food trays).
- Household metal packaging includes - Drinks cans, food tins, aerosols, clean, aluminium foil, metal bottle and jar lids.
Sack for cardboard
- cardboard includes - Brown, white and grey cardboard, brown paper, coloured paper, wrapping paper (Non shiny) and greetings cards.
- Please remove all staples, sticky tape and plastic bags.
If you would like more information on waste please see our 'Learn more about waste' page where you can find out about recycling campaigns and view fact sheets.
If you regularly have more material to recycle that can fit into the box and sacks, you can either collect more at the One Stop Shops or contact us using contact details on the right of this page.
If you have had a party, or a large delivery and expect to have a much larger amount of recycling than usual, please contact us to let us know and we will ensure that it is collected.