Property Services provides and maintains premises to allow the efficient delivery of services by the Council. It works to understand individual directorates' needs and provide their accommodation through proactive asset management and by working with others both internal and external to the Council.
What we do
- Asset and estate management: actively managing the corporate estate (including county farms), reviewing the use and allocation of land, discharging the Council's responsibilities of ownership, landlord/tenant issues and providing serviced accommodation through a facilities management service
- Maintenance: undertaking planned and reactive maintenance works in order to protect the value of the Council's property and the health and well being of occupiers
- Capital programme: delivering an extensive programme of works, bidding for funds, setting standards and managing substantial budgets
- Health and safety: ensuring high standards of health and safety are maintained in any work carried out on behalf of the Council
- Energy and management: protecting the environment and reducing carbon emissions by active management and proactive intervention
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of the Council's property assets by managing property corporately
- Investigate all alternative procurement routes to improve value for money in construction procurement
- Put in place a plan to consider the future property needs of the Council and service delivery linked to the potential options for future local governance, local influence and delivery of services
- To become the first port of call for all property needs for every service in the Council
- To deliver the agreed actions of the Council within the energy strategy for Cornwall
- To seek continuous improvement in the quality of all areas of property services
Land and property ownership queries
We can inform you if land belongs to the Council.
Please telephone 01872 322162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if land is owned by the Council.
The Land Registry are also able to provide information about land ownership and they can be contacted on 0300 006 0411 or by visiting their website: