Information, Advice and Guidance
The Council is working with a number of partners who are able to provide valuable information, advice and guidance in relation to wide a variety of issues including sustainable energy, climate change, carbon reduction and renewable energy technologies. Please note Cornwall Council does not advocate the services of any of these organisations
- Switching energy suppliers can save you money – see the following link for more information - Goenergyshopping
- Community Energy Plus (CEP) - Helping individuals and communities to live more sustainably.
- The South West Renewable Energy Agency (regensw) - Offering Advice, technology and news.
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) - News, updates and link to direct.gov's "Check, Switch, Insulate to Save" advice.
- Community Energy Online Portal - Community Energy Online (CEO) is the Community Energy Portal of the Department of Energy and Climate Change aimed at Local Authorities and community groups.
- Clear About Carbon - Clear about Carbon is supported by the European Social Fund project and aims to increase carbon and climate awareness within businesses and the public sector in Cornwall. The project is developing training and information resources to communicate with staff about climate change and the business opportunities that a low-carbon economy could offer.
- Kernow Kabin - a Cornwall based Co-operative Development Body which provides advice, mentoring and works as a consultant to community enterprises, co-operative enterprises and social enterprises.
- Communities for Renewables - A not-for profit community interest company which helps proactive communities harness the value of their renewable energy resources and retain the value within the local economy through community ownership.
- energyshare -A limited company that works to showcase,advocate for and inform people about all things energy, including efficiency, renewables and smart energy systems.energyshare works with Cornwall Council and a variety of other partners to raise the profile of energy.
Current Issues and Consultations:
- Putting Energy Red Tape Under the Spotlight
- Renewable Heat Incentive - Domestic now open for applications via Ofgem.
- Plug-In Van Grant; speech by Transport Secretary, Justine Greening.
- Energy Bill
- Fifth Assessment Report provides a clear view of the current state of scientific knowledge relevant to climate change
Green Cornwall Quarterly Progress Update:
- Green Cornwall Programme Progress Update October 2014
- Green Cornwall Programme Progress Update August 2014
- Green Cornwall Programme Progress Update March 2014
- Green Cornwall Programme Progress Update November 2013
- Green Cornwall Programme Progress Update June 2013
Go Energy Shopping
Ofgem have created a guide to help you find the best deal on your gas and electricity. For further information please visit www.goenergyshopping.co.uk
Renewable Energy - link to Cornwall Council's web pages where you can view a series of renewable energy planning guidance notes to assist householders, communities and developers.
Use the online carbon calculator tool to see how your everyday choices, from the food you buy to the clothes you wear, affect your personal carbon footprint – and find out how you can make a difference.
Collective Energy Switching
Cornwall Together - Together they have saved Cornish household £280,000 on their energy bills as of March 2014.
Energy Efficiency Scheme
Glow Cornwall - Save Energy. Save Money. Making homes in Cornwall more comfortable.