The conservation teams advise on the protection and enhancement of the historic built environment. Although much of their work concentrates on listed buildings and conservation areas they keenly promote high quality design in buildings and play a proactive role in heritage led regeneration.
The conservation teams:
- Advise on planning matters relating to the historic environment, particularly concerning listed buildings and conservation areas.
- Manage heritage-led regeneration schemes.
- Provide grant and repair advice to the owners of historic buildings.
- Promote and manage the preservation and enhancement of Conservation Areas.
- Help people to understand, enjoy and care for the historic built environment.
- Promote good design, in both buildings and the public realm.
- Help to formulate policy for the historic built environment and produce design guidance.
- Provide advice on heritage matters to the Council, owners, agents, developers and other bodies concerned with built environment conservation and heritage-led regeneration issues.
Please select the relevant link from the menu to find out more about conservation in Cornwall.