Work experience placements
Cornwall's Schools' Work Experience Scheme
Work Experience is a government scheme where a student in Year 10 or above in a school has a placement on an employer's premises in which the student carries out a particular task or duty, more or less as would an employee, but with an emphasis on the learning aspects of the experience. (DfES, 1996).
The experience involves taking on the role of a young worker and engaging in work tasks, using and developing work skills, being involved in work processes and experiencing work environments.
Select a link from below to find out more:
- General information
- I am an employer and would like to know more
- I am a parent or carer and would like to know more
- I am a student and would like to know more
- Work experience placements available for students to apply for
- Platinum Provider Award for placement providers
- Teacher Resources
For further information please contact:
Education Business Partnership
Beacon Technology Park
Tel: 01209 615070