Children in Care Education Support Service (CiCESS) and Virtual School for Children in Care in Cornwall
Children in Care Education Support Service (CiCESS) is part of Cornwall’s Children in Care Strategy and has been up and running since September 2008 as the ‘Virtual School for Children in Care in Cornwall’. Our priority is to promote the educational attainment and achievement of Children in Care, under section 52 of the Children Act 2004. It is important to ensure that Children in Care achieve educational outcomes comparable to their peers and that there are robust procedures in place to enable Children in Care to achieve their full potential.
Attachment in the Classroom
'A Whole School Approach'
Friday, 9 October 2015 at Wadebridge Showground
The themes covered include:
- Introduction to attachment difficulties and the impact on classroom learning. Understanding the impact of relational trauma and loss upon the learning capacities of children
- Child development in the early years –recognising the emotional and social needs of children in school
- Attachment theory and patterns of attachment styles in children
- Observing and understanding children’s attachment difficulties
- Attachment informed approaches in the classroom
- The PACE approach to supporting children with attachment difficulties and helping children with attachment difficulties in the classroom
Download the event flyer for booking information.