Last updated: 15/05/2013
Add to My Bookmarks
The business case for the Camborne, Pool, Redruth and Hayle
Emergency Cover programme was approved by Cornwall Council in July
2012. The key findings from the business case
are summarised below:
- Improved emergency response reaching more than 13,900 people
across the Camborne, Pool, Redruth and Hayle area.
- Fit for purpose provision allowing for future growth in the
- Data analysis confirmed by practical blue light runs.
- Improved resilience for both residents and visitors in the
- Increased capacity for prevention activities in some of the
most high risk areas in Cornwall.
- New modern, environmentally friendly and efficient community
fire stations designed for community use and
- Enhanced integrated working between Devon and Cornwall Police,
South West Ambulance Service Foundation Trust and the
Community Safety service.
- Fit for purpose facilities for Fire Control, Training,
Engineering Workshops and wider Community Safety teams.
- Significantly contributes to Cornwall Council’s property
rationalisation and modern working agendas.
Crewing and Resources
- Protects future of 24 hour shift crewing in the area.
- Ensures improved emergency response to 13,900 people.
- Less impact on primary employment.
- Minimal staff impact.
- Maximisation of wholetime staff.
- Opportunities for employment in Hayle.
- No reduction in fire engines or specialist appliance
- Increase in fire engines across area - additional fire engine
with strategic reserve capability.
- 31 consultation events held over 12 week period.
- 815 respondents to Survey Monkey questionnaire.
- Overwhelming support for proposals with at least 80% of
respondents strongly agreeing with all the issues raised and 96% of
respondents strongly agreeing that “Crews are able to respond to
fires and reach the maximum number of people within a 10 minute
- Feedback from consultation used to inform final business
- Delivers in excess of £0.450m savings.
- Capital invest to save model.
- Harmonisation funding built into programme costs.
- Delivers cashable and non-cashable savings.
- Secures £1.8 million government funding to develop the
resilience and efficiency of Fire Control for Cornwall.
View the Camborne, Pool, Redruth and Hayle Emergency Cover Business
Please use the links on the left hand side of this page to find
out more about the scheme.
Community Safety Plans, Policies and
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service