Last updated: 17/05/2013
Add to My Bookmarks
Cornwall Council is working on a range of initiatives to reduce
our carbon footprint. The main piece of work to achieve our
ambitious target of a 40% CO2 reduction by 2020 is the Carbon
Management Plan. Other areas of ongoing work include:
- The development of a corporate travel plan
- Green service representative training and development.
Watch the short film below that shows how we're
working in partnership for a green Cornwall.
Partnership working for a Green Cornwall
- A sustainable energy action plan matched to the Green Cornwall
- Compiling supplementary planning documents for renewable
- Working towards higher levels of sustainable procurement.
Read about Sustainable Development:
- Climate Change and Energy
- Sustainable Planning
- Sustainable Construction
Covenant of Mayors -
committed to local sustainable energy.
Solar Success for Cornwall Council
as authority beats Government deadline to install panels - helping
to save £500,000 of council taxpayers money.
Through the RESGen Project, the Low Carbon Team have developed a
website which gives an overview of low carbon projects and research
taking place in Cornwall. For more infomarion visit the