Am I eligible to join?
Last updated: 10/09/2012
Add to My Bookmarks
The CPF is available to most employees whose
employer participates in the pension scheme.
Please consider the information below if you are unsure whether
you are eligible to join:
- To be eligible you must be under the age of 75.
- Employees with a contract of employment for less than 3 months
are eligible to join following a change to the LGPS rules with
effect from 1st October 2012; however they must request to join the
scheme unlike current eligible employees, who for specific
employers like Cornwall Council, must be automatically
- There is no restriction on the number of hours you must work -
all part time employees are eligible to join.
- If you have previously opted out, you are eligible to rejoin at
any time, providing you meet the eligibility criteria as set out
above and below.
Who can not join?
- Employees over the age of 75
- Police Officers
Teachers, Police Officers and Firefighters have their own
separate pension schemes. If you are a teacher please visit the
Teachers Pension Scheme
web pages, or if you are a firefighter please vist the
firefighter pensions web pages.
If you are still unsure whether or not you are eligible to
join, you should contact your Human Resources/Payroll
Buster may help with pensions terminology.