Last updated: 16/10/2013
Add to My Bookmarks
Please note that the Historic Environment service has
relocated to the following address:
New County Hall
All telephone numbers and email addresses for staff and general
enquiries remain the same.
Please be advised that while the documents and links
found in our web-pages as follow are in the process of being
updated some may temporarily still be showing the old
The varied work of the Historic Environment teams in Cornwall is
brought together in an Historic Environment White Paper, which sets
out the Council’s aims and objectives for the next five
Historic Environment White Paper here
Please use the left hand menu for information on
conservation in Cornwall. There is an introduction to the work of
the conservation team below that.
The conservation teams advise on the protection and enhancement
of the historic built environment. Although much of their work
concentrates on listed buildings and conservation areas they keenly
promote high quality design in buildings and the public realm and
they play a proactive role in heritage led regeneration.
The teams' functions include:
- Advising on planning matters relating to the historic
environment, particularly concerning listed buildings and
- Managing heritage-led regeneration schemes.
- Providing grant and repair advice to the owners of historic
- Promoting and managing the preservation and enhancement of
- Helping people to understand, enjoy and care for the historic
- Promoting good design, in both buildings and the public
- Helping to formulate policy for the historic built environment
and producing design guidance.
- Providing advice on heritage matters to the Council, owners,
agents, developers and other bodies concerned with built
environment conservation and heritage-led regeneration issues.
Useful links for more information about Cornwall's historic
Frequently Asked Questions