St Agnes Library
Last updated: 06/03/2014
Add to My Bookmarks
Information about St Agnes Library.
||9:30am - 5:00pm
||9:30am - 6:30pm
||1:30pm - 5:30pm
||10:00am - 1:00pm
In the case of an emergency outside of the
above opening hours please phone Kestrel: 023 8086 5658.
All Cornwall libraries can provide information on living,
working or studying in another European Union country.
- Two computers with fast broadband Internet connections
(please see library fees and charges,
booking and acceptable use policy). Free Internet
access for children.
- Printing in black and white or colour (see library fees and
- Colour photocopier (see library fees and charges)
- Selection of daily and Cornish newspapers
- Display space available for artwork, pottery, crafts etc.
Please contact us for further details.
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass can be made
during our opening hours. Please be aware that there may be a
queue during lunch breaks 12noon to 1:30pm.
- Magazine swap shop - finished with your magazine? Bring
it in and swap it for another - free
- Bolster – Collect your copy of the free Parish paper, full of
news, information and local events
We are based in the free car park and have two disabled parking
spaces outside the front entrance to the library.
Automatic door via the front entrance.
Regular events and activities
Beginners Computer Lessons
We run Beginners Computer Courses at selected Libraries.
If you would like to attend just ask in your local
- 7th Readers - Meet Every 6 weeks, no set
- AgRead - Meet 2nd Thursday of each month
- Beacon Readers - Meet 1st Thursday of
- Bookworms - Meet 2nd Monday of each
- Monday- No information available
- Trekend - Meet on Monday, every 6
- Ya Ya Sisterhood - Meet Last Wednesday of
- Chatterbooks, reading club for 8 - 11
year olds. Takes place on the second Wednesday of the month from
3:30pm - 4:30pm. Come along and discuss the books and characters
you love, or even those you hate! Fruit juice and snack provided.
Collect your free book bag and goodies.
All our reading groups in the area are currently full, if you
would like to set up a new group in the area please contact us at
the Library for details of how we can help and support
you. If your interested in joining a group, a variety
groups run throughout Cornwall.
St Agnes Library Poetry Circle
Meets the first Wednesday of every month
from 5:15pm - 6:30pm. Poetry discussion group. Share your
favourite poems with the group or maybe even your own work? All
Wednesdays, 2:30pm - 3:30pm; storytime session for under-fives and their
Special events and activities
- St. Agnes Library will be displaying two
large banners throughout March as part of the wider commemoration
of the First World War.
- The banners, which are on loan from local
resident George Mannell, form the basis of our WW1 theme that
includes poppies made by our storytime children, poems selected by
our poetry circle and a wide range of books covering everything
from the horror of the trenches to the art and poetry that rose out
- Also available throughout March is the
opportunity to add the names and regiments of relatives who
perished in the Great War to a list being compiled in
- Weather permitting, volunteers from our
Community Steering Panel will also be sowing poppy seeds on two
small areas of the library grounds sometime in March.
St Agnes Library job club runs every Wednesday between
9:30am-11:30am. We work in partnership with Job Centre Plus
to help support local people find work. We offer FREE access
to computers during this session for online job related activities,
as well as basic IT skills guidance to help job seekers apply for
jobs online and support those looking for work.