Due to some essential maintenance a number of online services will be unavailable from Friday 18 April 8am until Sunday 20 April at 9pm. Unavailable services include; School admissions, Online planning register, library account and catalogue, council tax and benefits system, mapping, building control forms, job applications, my area page, payments and leisure bookings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Indices of Multiple Deprivation
'Deprived areas' are determined by the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 (IMD 2010), which provides a relative ranking of areas across England according to their level of deprivation. The areas are a geography called Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs), which have an average population of 1500 people.
For information on deprivation in Cornwall:
- Briefing note: Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010.
- Bitesize guide to Understanding the Index of Multiple Deprivation.
- Cartogram map of the IMD 2010 data (a cartogram is a type of map used for displaying statistics).
- Printable traditional map of the IMD 2010 data.
- Download the IMD Data or download the definitions from the Communities and Local government website.
- Download the Full Technical report (the metholodogy and indicators that make up the IMD).
- Population by deprivation and IMD domain chart, showing the population in Cornwall by domain and deprivation.
- Chart showing the range of deprivation ranks for areas in Cornwall by IMD domain.
- The interactive map below allows you to explore this data for Cornwall.
If you have difficulty accessing this or require help please contact the Community Intelligence Team on 01872 324126, email@example.com
Interactive Deprivation Map
Tips for using the map:
- To access printable area profiles, select the paper icon in the table .
- To zoom to an area, select the magnifying glass icon in the table
- To change the data displayed in the map, select the ‘data’ button
- To sort the data by rank in the table, select the column heading.
- If you're a beginner, you can also view a YouTube video tutorial for help using the map.