Due to some essential maintenance a number of online services will be unavailable from Friday 18 April 8am until Sunday 20 April at 9pm. Unavailable services include; School admissions, Online planning register, library account and catalogue, council tax and benefits system, mapping, building control forms, job applications, my area page, payments and leisure bookings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Community safety and protection
The community safety and protection directorate is headed by Chief Fire Officer and Head of Community Safety and Protection Des Tidbury and includes:
- crime, disorder and reduction, emergency management and road safety - including
- Public health and protection - including environmental health, licensing, port health, trading standards, animal health and the Coroner's Service
To find out more about the directorate's work, view the:
- Community safety and protection case studies library
- Community Safety and Protection Directorate Plan 2012-13
- Public Health and Protection Service End of Year Report 2012-13
- Public Health and Protection Service Plan 2013-16
- Community Safety Service Plan (Year 3)
Please note an organisational restructure is currently underway, so this page may not be completely up to date.