Youth Cornwall provides services for young people aged 13 to 19 and for those up to 24 years with additional needs. As well as our aim to provide more and better services for children and young people, Youth Cornwall enables young people to make a significant contribution towards community life and help in building new and improved provision. More specifically, Youth Cornwall addresses the needs of older young people through: TEST
- Empowering young people to make choices with things to do and places to go
- Promoting young people as citizens able to make a contribution
- Supporting young people's choices with improved advice and guidance and support; and
- Ensuring that all young people are achieving by reforming and improving the targeted support available to young people when they most need help.
The Cornwall Youth Offer entitles all young people to access services which provide them with:
- A safe social meeting place staffed by appropriately qualified youth work staff
- Three hours of sports activity per week outside of the school setting
- Opportunities to volunteer
- Access to cultural, creative and artistic activities
- Opportunities to celebrate achievements
- Support to overcome barriers to services including improved transport, and financial support.
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
- Young people receive high quality, impartial IAG in places of learning
- Young people have access to holistic, multi-agency information and support through community based young people's centres
- Young people can access IAG through range of media, including Chew TV, ICT and the freephone.
Targeted Youth Support
- Young people have access to additional support according to identified need, provided in universal settings
- Need is identified and addressed early
- Support provided with the help of a lead professional.
For general enquiries, please contact Youth Cornwall at firstname.lastname@example.org