Newquay Safe Partnership
The Newquay Safe Partnership was established on 28 July 2009 and consists of approximately 30 officers and members from 15 different Council services and partner agencies.
The agencies involved in the award winning partnership include:
- Cornwall Council
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT)
- Local Safeguarding Children's Board
- MCA Coastguard
- Newquay Regeneration Forum
- Newquay Town Council
- NHS Health
- Visit Newquay
- Visit Cornwall
- South Western Ambulance Service
Cornwall Council services involved in the partnership include:
- Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service
- Anti social behaviour team
- Strategy, Localism and Communications service
- Community safety
- Environment service
- Licensing service
- Visit Newquay and Visit Cornwall
- Safeguarding children service
- Town Centre Manager
- Trading standards
- Youth Service
The Partnership consists of several local groups and organisations including:
- Newquay Association of Licensed Premises (NALP)
- Newquay Chamber of Commerce and Tourism (NCCT)
- Newquay Community Plan / Town and Parish Plan Steering Committee
- Newquay Safe Accommodation Group
- Newquay Treviglas Community College
- My a'th kar NQY
- Resident Associations - Newquay Town, Porth, Pentire, Mayfield, St Columb Minor and Treloggan
The Newquay Safe Partnership is made up of four groups: a strategic group, a steering group, a larger reference group and a working coordination group.
The partnership undertakes a wide range of measures in Newquay to minimise risk, provide a safe environment for people to enjoy themselves and to deal with any issues when they arise.
Newquay Safe encourages people to look after themselves and be socially responsible. The partnership launched an awareness campaign in 2009 to promote safe, sensible and responsible behaviour in Newquay. The campaign was promoted, amongst other ways, through posters in clubs and pubs, public toilets, on and in local buses, at Newquay train station and in Newquay Cornwall Airport.
The Steering Group identified five work streams for the partnership and the partners are working in a number of areas within the work streams.
The work of the Newquay Safe Partnership is outlined in the Project Initiation Document (PID).
The partnership is working with:
Check out our top tips for staying safe while you enjoy Newquay.